Photographers Stuck in the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good... but the hanging fishing line ruins it for me. :lol:

Now this is what we're talking about. tone, texture, form, composition, ... it's all there

Thanks a lot -- now I have to go clone out the d*mn fishing line!

Joe

I dunno, I kinda like my b/w people shots...

Banjo%20Man%20-%20236%20rev2%20bw.jpg

I agree with Over. I think skieur is bored.

:)

So shall we just turn this into a "post your b/w" thread? :)

How about this one?

Salem%20Courthouse%20and%20Library%20-%20009%20bw.jpg

I like the concept of the first one, but shadows seems too dark. The second is really good

Black and white is always good when you have images which are about form, rather than color. In many cases, color will not add to an image, and in some cases color may actually detract or distract from the important elements.

4909618156_0a4023c40a_b.jpg

In this image, I was less concerned about the color of the leaves than I was the shapes forms and implied by the stems. Why would I have chosen to make a color image when color in this case would draw the eye away from what I wanted to convey in the first place?

While there is certainly an "instant art/appeal to tradition" quality to black and white simply using black and white does not mean it's an appeal to tradition.

Black and white is always good when you have images which are about form, rather than color. In many cases, color will not add to an image, and in some cases color may actually detract or distract from the important elements.

4909618156_0a4023c40a_b.jpg

In this image, I was less concerned about the color of the leaves than I was the shapes forms and implied by the stems. Why would I have chosen to make a color image when color in this case would draw the eye away from what I wanted to convey in the first place?

While there is certainly an "instant art/appeal to tradition" quality to black and white simply using black and white does not mean it's an appeal to tradition.

You're absolutely right. You have to know how AND why.

Hey, I actually LIKE B&W images...sometimes I even CREATE one... ACK!!!!! Is Ronald Reagan still President? Is Culture Club still releasing those awesome records? Is Rocky IV still in theaters? Gaaawd, I hope so, 'cause I am still makin' B&W shots now and again.... "Doah!"

original.jpg

b/w is better than the Velvia nightmares of the late 1990's ... of course Ken Rockwell is still there.

Nice Darrel

b/w is better than the Velvia nightmares of the late 1990's ... of course Ken Rockwell is still there.

I never did like that cheese. It sticks to the roof of my mouth. < yeah, I'm joking>

Once in college I bought a big block of velvita, but my dorm fridge full of stuff for a research project (dichormated pig blood!). I noticed that nowhere did it say "keep refrigerated".

That block of "cheese" lasted almost three months unrefrigerated before showing any signs of mold.

... and yes, you can make prints using pig blood.

Scary, isn't it. But then again I saw a 1 month expiration date on a pack of hot dogs. NO meat is meant to last a month in the fridge and still be edible... and they wonder were cancers come from

You know if they say it will last one month, it will actually last three or more. My guess, probably six.

hotdogs = embalmed tube steaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back