Photography going green

-Environmental Friendly
a) Close the darkroom. Online processing/editing eliminates the harsh chemicals.
b) Digital Photography. Avoid using film.
Right. Great solution.

Troll indeed. Why is every post of yours fishing for hits on your website, articles, galleries, etc? Calling this a "great article" seems pretty generous. Sure, every little bit of "going green" helps, but I don't think photography is a great target market for the "movement."

Looks like photography is going in that direction already........

Digital isn't green. I love the notion that burning electricity somehow saves the environment. I guess people that think this way don't understand where electricity comes from. :D

Love all the comments. Digital is eco-friendly and a step towards being green. How can you say reducing the dark room chemicals and toxic film isn't eco-friendly? As far as electricity, it's ideas to reduce consumption. Ok, maybe green is to strong for reduced electricity consumption, but it is eco-savvy. This is always a HOT topic, and it's great to see the opinions.

Love all the comments. Digital is eco-friendly and a step towards being green. How can you say reducing the dark room chemicals and toxic film isn't eco-friendly? As far as electricity, it's ideas to reduce consumption. Ok, maybe green is to strong for reduced electricity consumption, but it is eco-savvy. This is always a HOT topic, and it's great to see the opinions.

First of all, this isn't a HOT topic; your mom is.

And so you know I leave my modeling light from my soft-box on all night as a nightlight.

I also power my Vivitar Flashes with a generator. And I buy rechargeable batteries but I only use them once and then throw them at manatees.

There's about 4 people in the world that still shoot with film. Calm down.

Digital isn't green. I love the notion that burning electricity somehow saves the environment. I guess people that think this way don't understand where electricity comes from.
Um, well, actually, I hate to play the devil's advocate in this situation (believe me, I really do), but our electricity up here comes exclusively from hydro power ;)

And so you know I leave my modeling light from my soft-box on all night as a nightlight.

I also power my Vivitar Flashes with a generator. And I buy rechargeable batteries but I only use them once and then throw them at manatees.

I'm sorry, but this type of juvenile, sarcastic humor has NO PLACE on this forum. Damnit, this smart-a$$ post made me spit tea all over my fancy monitor and keyboard as I took a sip of tea and happened to start reading this snarky reply. I guess you could say I "lol'd", for real, and as a result of your smarty-pants reply I risked my monitor and keyboard's well being. Satisfied!?!?! Grrr.....

I'm sorry, but this type of juvenile, sarcastic humor has NO PLACE on this forum. Damnit, this smart-a$$ post made me spit tea all over my fancy monitor and keyboard as I took a sip of tea and happened to start reading this snarky reply. I guess you could say I "lol'd", for real, and as a result of your smarty-pants reply I risked my monitor and keyboard's well being. Satisfied!?!?! Grrr.....

LOL! I'm an extremely sardonic person. I know this board is very "mature" per say. But every once in a while I discharge all at once.

I prefer coffee....and I almost spilled mine!! :lol:

Blood is boiling in some people. People sure get upset. Love the reactions.

I don't think you get it.

We are laughing at you. No one is upset.

And no, boiling blood does not affect global warming.

Most reactions

Back