photography pet peaves

I've seen people taking flash photos of the moon.

I think I would actually laugh out loud! ... in fact, I just did! :lmao::biglaugh::lmao:

Just starting... don't really have any peaves yet, but I'm sure they'll show up soon enough :)

Oh yeah I forgot...this is my number 1. I share my photos with my friends and they say "what kind of camera do you have, it takes great photos".

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The camera takes lousy photos unless you know how to work it. I have spent hundreds of hours..or more..studying photography at this point, taken thousands of photos...it isnt the camera, its ME

Gearheads. People who want to do nothing but explore the entire contents of your camera bag, compare it against theirs, then tell you all the fancy gear they plan on getting. Then look at you like your the jerk when they tell you all about how they can't wait to get a medium format digital back on their Rebel.

People who just don't understand what photography is all about. It's about capturing emotions, moments, and beauty. It's not about gear, money, or contests. I say this and then I look at my signature...:(

wedding photographers who rely completely on PS Actions and never take the time to actually understand editing.... then charge 2-3k per wedding.

Well, newest "peeve" (since it happened today) is when I order all in all about 700 prints (don't ask me why), via online upload, and get three parcels in the mail today with ... 628 prints (or so) ... and 74 missing somewhere right in the middle. Grrr.
Plus some prints have severe dog's ears. More grrr!

How am I going to put together my album until Thursday when there's 74 prints missing somewhere right in the middle???

Anyhow, deriving from my experience with lead to my ordering those approx 700 prints is another photography pet peeve of mine, and that is to see hundreds of parents take flash photography of their child dancing or singing on stage, after the person responsible for the show had expressly asked them NOT TO TAKE ANY PHOTOS, and there'd be photos to order later, taken by someone she specifically commissioned. (Me). But well, that's actually just me ranting a little. No serious peeve.

I am loving this thread! :)

Some of mine:

- People assuming that because I have a DSLR, that it can magically take amazing, magazine quality pictures.
- Watching people with P&S camera's making silly mistakes like shooting people with the sun directly behind (with no flash) or using the flash when they shouldn't (shooting through glass, etc).
- Staff in photography stores who give false information
- The spiraling costs of getting into this hobby! :)
- Dust on the lens or sensor
- The amount of time I now spend on the computer playing with photoshop and other image tweaking software!

1) When people look at my camera and say "wow, that must have cost a lot. I bet IT takes some good pictures." After all the work ive put and am still putting into learning how to take good pictures has been a waste if i would have known there is a setting in the expensive camera for it....

Oh I hate that!

I also hate the comments about wasting so much money on trivial hobbies
I want to say, "Hey moron! I don't have kids for a reason!"

(No bash on parents or kiddies intended, I happen to love kids.)

:) I have kids and still spend a ton of money on trivial hobbies :)

Good for you! My husband and I say we have too many expensive hobbies to have kids. LOL

Actually, let me rephrase that... HE has too many expensive hobbies. I just have one! :mrgreen:

LOL you could call my kids an expensive hobby too :lmao: kidding :mrgreen:

Dust on my sensor
Tilted horizons....ive pointed out a few on here lately
Brand whores and wars
Cost of upgrading
"Photog"

Newbies who think that all their photos are art! :thumbdown:

skieur

Most reactions

Back