Photos from my skating trip

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think they are pretty good, these are stright out of the camrea though. I would really like to know what i could have done better while i was there and what i can do to make them better in PP, thanks in advanced.

Picture440.jpg

Picture411.jpg

Picture395.jpg

Picture377.jpg

Im planing to crop the last one way in but other then that i dont know what to do with these, help me out:]

Good stuff but I'd like to see a bit of fill on the subject.

Fill flash or?

Yes indeed, might be tough with the wide but it can be done.

Yeah well my on camrea flash wouldnt work but off camrea would, i dont have one of those though. ha

Great shots, remind me of the tony hawk pro skater playstation days! Besides the fill-in flash you might try adjusting the brightness level or playing around with color settings, on some of the shots the sky or the concrete is too bright.

hey, I'm new here, so thought I'd give some advice for my first post.

nice try with the skating stuff.

what you need to be thinking about is the composition of each shot. The second shot of the double set, you're using your 10.5 but your standing too far away. If you're gonna use your fisheye, be right up under him.

I shot this tonight. try getting down on your back, you gotta put yourself in the way to get the best shots

Untitled-1-1.jpg

The shot of the boardslide, you've chosen a pretty unorthodox angle. It's by no means the wrong angle. Again, using the 10.5, you've really gotta get in there, don't be afraid to get right down on the ground. It's not the safest place to be, but its the most effective way of showing the trick/skater well, and giving a real indication of the height of the rail/ledge.

DSC_50392.jpg

as for the last one, you needed to have put the 10.5 back in your bag, and pulled out the 50mm. Its a great quick lens, just move in a bit close, and shoot a nice straight shot. Something like this.

DSC_53662-1.jpg

hope thats been a bit of help, just remember to get close with the fisheye, but don't be afraid to shoot without it. I know its cool, but its not the only way to shoot a skate shot.

Cheers!

Mark

Just a phase, I like the 2nd photo. Just wished you would have cropped a little closer to the skater.

You have the fisheye, USE IT. The point of it is so you can get super close while still getting the rider and the obstacle in the shot.

Heres some (shot with a 10-20mm)
2390861361_a419947f9f.jpg

2390861449_9c4b71de80.jpg

2393231703_bca010ab90.jpg

2390862693_141c7fec48.jpg

Thanks guys, mark you take really good photos and zach skateperception wont let me make an account its odd.

thanks mate.

I didn't even know that site existed, I just signed up :)

haha i know
and u didnt read the rules!!!
haha only 2 pictures 2 post
ur gonna due will on that sight ur pictures are great
its just ur gonna get sick of all the kids on the website cause they are so wacked out on there ego's

I try to make an account by it never gets sent to my e-mail.

Most reactions

Back