Photos Fuji can't take

How dare you post those awful photos. I demand that this thread be closed immediately for hurting my eyeballs.

(I'm joking, just in case anything thinks otherwise...)

Last edited:
How dare they even call those images "photos". They're not even snapshots.

I wish I had never clicked on that link and witnessed such garbage. I was just sitting down to lunch. Thank you for ruining my appetite.

I may be turned off of photography due to my instant nausea. I must go home now so I can toss all my gear into the river .

I will now pray every day to never see such horrible images. Images that should never be allowed on the innerwebs.

LOL ... the XP1 was truly one dog of a slow camera. It did very thing slow, it AF slow, it wrote to the card slow it updated the EVF slow. When it got dark that dog of a camera started howling. The XP1 made me go back to how I shot film ... with an anticipatory methodology as opposed to a reactionary response I had developed with my 1D cameras. The XP1 actually made me a better digital photography.

_DSF0860c.jpg

XP1

_DSF0851.jpg

XP1

_GP19345-XL.jpg

XP1

_GP16552-XL.jpg

XP1

The saving grace of the camera was that it is one pretty camera. (The XP1 took its time, but it did captured a good image ... when it got around to it.)

Sooooo the looks of your camera matters now?

Yep, it always has to some degree. One example: When I was shooting Nikon (film only days), I lugged around the much much heavier 180mm instead of the much lighter 200mm because the 200mm was ugly. I actually purchased the XP1 based entirely on looks. I saw it in my camera store and walked out with it not every owning a Fuji before or knowing anything in particular about the XP1.

Purchasing a camera based solely upon outside appearance is quite shallow.

Yep, it always has to some degree. I actually purchased the XP1 based entirely on looks. I saw it in my camera store and walked out with it not every owning a Fuji before or knowing anything in particular about the XP1.

Purchasing a camera based solely upon appearance is quite shallow.

I buy a camera that has the features I want/need, looks is the last thing I think about lol.

I've noticed a lot of Fuji shooters rave about how pretty their camera is and love telling everyone about it. Hey, to each their own.

I've used and owned a few Fuji X cameras and I agree, they are certainly are pretty and are often mistaken for film camera. But they aren't for everyone. I could never fall in love with their camera system, I always fall back to using a DSLR. I'm not sure why. I suppose it maybe the fact that I feel really comfortable using it and that's what matters the most.

My favorite Fuji camera was the orginal X100. I loved that camera. That had a FinePix sensor which I truly enjoyed, I'm not a fan of the X-Trans yet. Just not for me.

Last edited:
Yep, it always has to some degree. I actually purchased the XP1 based entirely on looks. I saw it in my camera store and walked out with it not every owning a Fuji before or knowing anything in particular about the XP1.

Purchasing a camera based solely upon appearance is quite shallow.

I buy a camera that has the features I want/need, looks is the last thing I think about lol.
As it should be. I would never recommend someone purchase a camera based on looks. (Unless it was a pro that I knew.) I used to date with a similar strategy. (Again, not something I could recommend to others.)

The look of Fuji X-series cameras, and their lens line, is very stylish. People LIKE good-looking cameras, with traditional camera-looks, not "consumer electronics looks". Seriously, there is a HUGE advantage to manufacturing,marketing, and selling a good-looking product line, as opposed to an ugly or weird-looking product line. Many people value beautiful design...Fuji obviously understands that.

I used to sell cameras and video gear at retail...people comment on the outward appearance of cameras, just as they do clothes, cars, houses, and so on. Present a handsome camera and an ugly or new-fangled styled camera on a sales counter side by side...the customer will almost always avoid the ugly or new-fangled camera, and will instantly gravitate to the better-looking camera.

A great example: the Nikon 4004 and 6006...butt ugly and "new-fangled" styling...EXTREMELY difficult to sell against Minolta AF SLRs and Canon AF SLRS...the 4004 and 6006 were UGLY! The Canon EOS 620 and 650 were sleek, the Minolta Maxxum 5000 and 7000 series, and their lenses, were SEXY!!!

Last edited:
So we all should sell our DSLRs and switch to Fuji just for the looks?

So we all should sell our DSLRs and switch to Fuji just for the looks?

Absolutely. It's much more important to look good than to be good.

Joe

I like my Fuji X-T2 just fine, but there really are photos Fuji can't take. Here's an example:

grandma_baby.jpg

Joe

Derrel's comment about curb(counter?)appeal can't be denied. The allure of Fuji's rangefinder and prism bump-styled cameras is a fact. The fit and finish of their Japanese-made models really does evoke the all metal, knurled knobs and deeply engraved numbers of Nikon F2 era. Same goes for the Fujinon lenses. But it's skin deep and that's all to the good. It's just a different aesthetic that appeals to some but not all camera buyers. Frankly, it's been a long while since I've enjoyed a camera as much as my year-old X100T.

Most reactions

Back