Photos in wet conditions!

tmartin2347

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I live in NH on the seacoast and have had the chance to get into some stormy weather with my camera. My question is what types of ways do you keep your lens dry? umbrella? lol
If it gets wet or misted, do you use any special cloth to wipe it off without damaging it?

i have used just a gallon ziplock with a hole cut for the viewfinder and end of the lens with just a uv filter over the end of the lens

Make sure that your bag is secure, too.

If it is Lowepro AW or has weather covering, use that. Obviously. Just sometimes people forget, with nasty results. ;)

If I'm ever in a situation with a lot of rain or wetness (I live in Oregon) I get all my gear and put it in a bag of silica gel.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rainsleeve-Digital-Cameras-Lenses-Diameter/dp/B000PTFDYO]Amazon.com: Op/Tech 18" SLR Rainsleeve for Digital & Film Cameras with Lenses up to 7" Diameter, 18" Long: Electronics[/ame]

Oven Bags work really well. They are see through, cheap and easy to use.

Just cut a hole open for your lens, sticky tape it on and place your hands through the open hole. Re-usable and recylcable! (Spelling doing this on a iphone)

Is your camera weathersealed? My D200 has been through many a storm and seaside even got partially dunked in the ocean and it's still all good.

The quality of the body will dramatically alter the required responses.

Just went into public profile.

Canon rebel xsi w/ 18-55mm zoom lens

Entry level dslrs aren't going to be as weather sealed as the D200. But they are more hardy then some people think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back