Photoshopping mom

the_peel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took a picture of my mom tonight... and just started to realize that my mom's gotten a few more 'happiness lines' over the years. So I took some time to work with photoshop CS to see what we can do to fix that.

The original photo:

Momoriginal.jpg

My modified photo:

Momedited.jpg

Likes? Dislikes? Does it make her look younger? She just turned 60 this year (but don't tell her that!).

I do see the difference and I still don't see much of a difference.
But that's a personal thing.
I am not into too much modifying a person's face when life and experience have changed it.
She looks young for her 60 years, anyway!!

Yeah, the changes I made are very subtle. Here's a short list of things I did:

-removed wrinkles around the right side of her face
-lightened some darker patches on the right side of her face
-removed a red patch from the nose
-darkened the scalp
-reddened the lipstick
-whitened the teeth
-lightened the dark area just above her eyes

Yeah, I understand that these modifications aren't for everyone. I'm just playing around and practising my skills with photoshop. Beauty of it is, I can always just give the original to mom.... not sure which one she'd prefer though!

yea, Im not big on changing things like that, but with that said you did a really clean job of it so you still get a thumbs up from me

The changes are subtle and effective...nice work.

Have you tried using a little Gaussian blur? I'm not a PS expert so I can't give you a technique but using a layer mask to blur just the skin can also help for projects like this.

Big Mike said:
The changes are subtle and effective...nice work.

Have you tried using a little Gaussian blur? I'm not a PS expert so I can't give you a technique but using a layer mask to blur just the skin can also help for projects like this.

Thanks Mike. Not really sure yet how to use Gaussian blur effectively or what kind of effect it will give me, aside from the obvious. Currently, I am mainly using the stamp tool to clone nearby areas to cover the wrinkles and other imperfections. Then, for off-color areas (such as the darker tone on the side of the face), I mask the area, feather it, and then play around with the hue, brightness, and saturation until it matches its surrounding area better. I'm gonna give the gaussian blur a try though, just to see what it will actually look like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back