Picked this up with a darkroom

Yeah. Originally we discussed 250 to 300 for half the darkroom because I wasn't sure I needed everything. But once I got there and saw all the stuff, I thought I'd be a fool if I didn't try and get all of it. He was really great about explaining what a lot of the stuff does.

Yeah that's exactly right, wow good eye. I read on a few other threads that the head needs a cooling fan?
Keep some contact with the seller if you can. After 50 years he must know all.
Cooling fan - yes. I don't know, isn't it built in ? I can't find a manual for this model.

I've been unable to get the color one to work. Will have more time to check it out this weekend, to figure out if it's the timer, the head, bulb etc.

Unfortunately the seller is the son, he knew quite a bit himself but the father is in a retirement home now. I'll definitely still keep in contact though, really nice guy.

What kind of filters do you have with it ? Contrast filters for b&w ? For the drawer or under the lens ?

A ton of filters of which I have no idea how to use properly.

If you have any 40mm Canon filters I might be interested in buying some of them (if you want to sell them). I have a Canon L-1 rangefinder camera.

Yeah, I'll run through the inventory on the weekend.

Lens looks fantastic, I can't even see dust but I'm sure they're in there. But the aperture blades are really bad. How were you able to get the lens apart? I couldn't find any screws it looks like you need a proprietary tool to unscrew the rear lens element.

Check my notes: Canon rangefinder lens servicing | This Old Camera

One of these would be handy: https://www.google.ca/search?q=lens...qi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1324&bih=765&dpr=0.9

That's amazing stuff! Thanks for the link. The tools in the google linked search look exactly like what I would need to unscrew the lens. Much appreciated.

So I checked and there isn't a cooling fan but there is a hole 1-1.5" in the back of the head that looks like a fan could hook up to.

A ton of filters of which I have no idea how to use properly.

If you have any 40mm Canon filters I might be interested in buying some of them (if you want to sell them). I have a Canon L-1 rangefinder camera.

Hey Compur,

These are the only things in the filter box.

$Filter24.jpg$Filter25.jpg$Filter26.jpg$Filter27.jpg$Filter28.jpg

OK -- can't use 'em. But, thanks!

Wow, Sun Camera did an amazing job. They had the best quote around at $60 for a CLA and I got the lens back in 72 hours. It's so clean and shinny it doesn't even match the body now....everything is so smooth. If anyone's in Toronto and need work done Sun Camera is highly regarded.

Most reactions

Back