playing around with 50mm 1.8 & guitar

Jon K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
CRW_4943.jpg

Like the DOF also. You should do a series of shots with this guitar all shot this way.

Did you do any blurring in PS or some other program or is the DOF field all from the lense?

Looks Good.

that's a tuff shot to take with a 50mm, i would've added some focus to the bridge humbucker too (not much though) and the shot as a whole is a tad too dark. maybe try showing some details in the rosewood on the neck.

you're composition is very nice.

I've tried to shoot my Stratocaster a few times but i never got a clean perfect shot of it, and i understand why you shot this, a guitar is surely a very sexy thing to have her pose and shoot, especially Fender bodies.

:band:
Trombone

great shot. I have actually been working on a muscial series, taking pictures of my guitar, piano, etc. Haven't post any yet...still sorting them out.

oh, back to your shot...i like the focus on the pickup and the short DOF. I might consider cropping some of the right side. Not sure exactly ho much, would have to play with it. To add to the picture, maybe add some contrast in PS and apply the unsharpening filter if you haven't already to bring out some more detail in the strings and pickup.

Alrighty, that's enough from me. Keep rockin!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back