Please talk me out of this...

Should I hit the "proceed to checkout" button?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Change some things first...( add comment )

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SM4him- Yes, but 1 cart is 2k, the other 4k. Since I am currently not getting paid for my photos DIRECTLY, even though I use them for work, I don't know if that justifies getting the full frame set up. Like you said, if I go DX now and upgrade later, its costly.

I don't want to be in real estate forever, I want to get hired as a full time pro sometime in the next 6-8 years. I want to travel the world with Sports illustrated swim suit edition or something!

Sooooo....full frame?

SM4him- Yes, but 1 cart is 2k, the other 4k. Since I am currently not getting paid for my photos DIRECTLY, even though I use them for work, I don't know if that justifies getting the full frame set up. Like you said, if I go DX now and upgrade later, its costly.

Okay, then let's back up just a little.
What do you see yourself doing in the next year? Next two years? Next five years?
Is it your intent to get paid, directly, for your photos? Is that something you intend to actively pursue?
Would the full-frame even be the best suited for whatever it is you want to concentrate your photography on? If real estate is going to be your main area of interest, it does seem to me like FF would suit you well, and yes, it's an expensive initial outlay, but then that part is DONE for several years.
Or, you can purchase the D5300 NOW, THEN buy a FF a year from now, or two years from now. All you've done is upped your total expenditure on gear, you haven't really saved anything. Buy the FF now (IF it's best for what you want to do) and in the end, you "save" yourself the cost of that crop body.

On the other hand, if you decide a crop body will do just fine, why not a D7100 instead of the 5300?

Yes, the d7100 comes in to play, but then I keep saying...well for a little more I can get this, well for a little more I can get that.

Plus for wide angle, like you said full frame is going to win out.

what do you currently have ?

^ Nikon P520 =-/

Do this

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two of the 10-24mm lenses and both have had issues. One has problems with looseness and the other has an issues with one of the elements separating.

15k in savings, not budget. There is ( should ) be a difference. ha!

15k in savings, not budget. There is ( should ) be a difference. ha!

Investing in camera gear is like investing in screen doors for submarines.

Yeah but if you are investing some cash then good glass makes sense. So ditch the 18-250 and add a 24-70 f2.8 and a 70-300 f2.8, at least they will retain their value :)

Ok, well didn't want to have to resort to this, but since you begged...

"These Aren't The Lenses Your Looking For."

There. Jedi mind trick. You should be good now. Lol

Well, I voted, so you MUST do as I say!!! Later today you will be two thousand dollars poorer, but oh-so-much-richer-in-photo-gear!

View attachment 67099

I mean, come on dude--it's 100% in FAVOR OF you buying!!!

Lol.. so ask a bunch of camera geeks if you should buy a lens and.. lol.. Shocker!

Most reactions

Back