polaroid photography?

rosesforacadaver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello, all. i am, for the most part a newbie with photography. i have been taking b&w photos with a 35mm for a couple months now, but im interested in getting into polaroid photography. just wondering if anyone has any tips on it, or suggestions as to which camera i should get. thankyou!

it depends on what kind you want to do. do you want to learn to do emulsion transfers/lifts, sx70 manipulation, color, black and white? depending on what film you use or what size you want to do you will need different equipment. it just varies.

manda said:
is polaroid film expensive? expensive to develop at a lab?

yeah it's pretty pricey. for instance, the 669 film i use to do transfers and lifts is like $30 bucks for 20 shots. sometimes you can find it cheaper, but that's pretty normal from what i've seen.

and polaroid film is instant. you don't have to take it to a lab. you just shoot the picture and it pops out and develops right there in your pretty little hand. :)

And that's the "SMALL size" Polaroid film, the 669 is 3.25x4.25, so that is the actual size of your image/lift/transfer original.

Time Zero film is for Polaroid manipulations and is a square format, 3x3.

You wanna start getting cool and move up to the 4x5 and, the ultimate in cool, the 8x10, to do these same procedures and you'll be stunned at what you pay. I believe the 8x10 comes in single sheets as well as packs, so you can at least only commit to doing an image or two at a time. I *think* the 4x5 might come in single sheets....but I don't remember. I'll know when I decide to cough up the bucks for the 4x5 base to fit my Daylab.

With the exception of Time Zero (only because I have a Land camera that takes it), I don't shoot any of the above film. The packs go into the Daylab and I expose it from my slides.

An expensive hobby, and addictive!! :D But I find the results so unique and beautiful, I bravely soldier on.

I just bought a Polaroid back for my 4x5 cameras. I'm mainly interested in transfers. The back uses Polaroid 4x5 sheets. I bought some #59 (ISO 80 color); the best price I could find was $60 for 20 sheets.

carlita said:
manda said:
is polaroid film expensive? expensive to develop at a lab?

and polaroid film is instant. you don't have to take it to a lab. you just shoot the picture and it pops out and develops right there in your pretty little hand. :)

I CANNOT believe the bimboness of my statement. It must have been late when I typed that. Thats the reason Im interested in Polaroid for god's sake :roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

I CANNOT believe the bimboness of my statement. It must have been late when I typed that. Thats the reason Im interested in Polaroid for god's sake

You're forgiven.... :hug: Who hasn't had a bimbo moment now and then? I have 'em more often than I'd like.... :goodvibe:

Matt: when you get into doing some transfers, I'd love to see 'em on the alternative forum! And yeah, now that you're mentioning it, $60 for 20 images is about what I recall for the 59 film.

Most reactions

Back