Poll: What Nikon FX do you want ? (Thom Hogan)

I'm very happy with my D810. The only thing I wish it had was sensor based image stabilization, an AF system that fills more of the frame, and option to shoot direct to DNG.

Who could possibly take Thom seriously when he is such a hypocrite?
If he really, really believed his own rants, and it wasn't just a massive blog click farming money grab, he would have switched his primary gear to Canon years ago.

Ever consider how long Hogan has commented on and reviewed Nikon gear? Some hypocrite. No fan boy, either. That you don't like the guy is one thing, but his critical bona fides aren't exactly suspect. He's obviously concerned about the brand being blindsided by a fast changing imaging market. Sorry if you missed that.

Here's what should be worrying camera makers. How many more smart phones do you see daily than DSLRS?

Olympus Air A01 Coming to the US in July for 300

Who could possibly take Thom seriously when he is such a hypocrite?
If he really, really believed his own rants, and it wasn't just a massive blog click farming money grab, he would have switched his primary gear to Canon years ago.

Ever consider how long Hogan has commented on and reviewed Nikon gear? Some hypocrite. No fan boy, either. That you don't like the guy is one thing, but his critical bona fides aren't exactly suspect. He's obviously concerned about the brand being blindsided by a fast changing imaging market. Sorry if you missed that.

Here's what should be worrying camera makers. How many more smart phones do you see daily than DSLRS?

Olympus Air A01 Coming to the US in July for 300

who cares how long he has been complaining about Nikon?
maybe some of his critique is valid, maybe some isnt.
all it means is hes been doomsaying Nikon for years, when obviously they arent about to tank.
i equate Thom to the guys holding signs saying "the end is NIGH", when you really know that it isnt.
whatever great advice he has, its drowned out by his constant attacks on a company that he obviously uses himself.

.. his constant attacks on a company that he obviously uses himself.
That might be a good reason to try to offer his best advice; he doesn't want to see Nikon lose market share because he is totally invested in it.

Last edited:
How many CFAs are in this bunch? If you don't know what a CFA is you probably should not be in this discussion!
Certified Financial Advisor?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back