Portrait of a friend, studio style.

a5i736

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a portrait of a friend, let me know what I can do to improve it. And what do you think of the lighting.
Brittanyedit1.jpg

Firstly it's very underexposed.

Corrected background and subject just using levels then some sharpening and a little burning of the lips to darken slightly.

Not sure if you'll like this???

#1 my photos are not okay to edit! read it
#2 its not underexposed
#3 ur version is overexposed
i do agree it needs to be sharper, but do NOT edit my photos.

For me I know i am going to respect people DO NOT EDIT wishes, please do the same.

woah, I'm sure glad I didnt try to play around with that one.... i like the light in the second one, but i think it looks a tad harsh or something, thats my opinion

#2 its not underexposed

For me I know i am going to respect people DO NOT EDIT wishes, please do the same.

Lighten up. You asked for help, and he's trying to help. He's not exactly tampering with a masterpiece. I think I'll pass on giving any feedback on this one. JD

Look im asking for help not asking for some1 to take my work and mess with it. By each persons name there is a thing that says "My photos are ok to edit" or "My photos are NOT okay to edit." I'm asking for help but im also asking for people to respect my wishes just as I would do for u. Fine if you don't wna to help its cool with me, but im not the one in the wrong here.

Lighten up. You asked for help, and he's trying to help. He's not exactly tampering with a masterpiece. I think I'll pass on giving any feedback on this one. JD
:thumbup:

Wow..If you're going to ask for critique...

It does seem a bit underexposed, but if you were going for a darker look then I guess it's good. I would also lose at least some of the empty space, maybe use a vertical crop. The space might would work better if the photo wasn't so close up.

The first is underexposed and the second is overexposed. Try to get something between the 2 but don't make the BG totally white. other than that it looks pretty good.

i agree that people should respect your wishes, but he probably didnt see it or forgot to check, and you could have been a little nicer about it... you asked about the lighting, he was just giving you HIS opinion

Wow..If you're going to ask for critique...

It does seem a bit underexposed, but if you were going for a darker look then I guess it's good. I would also lose at least some of the empty space, maybe use a vertical crop. The space might would work better if the photo wasn't so close up.

Thank you for giving me feedback thats all i wanted, and I just want people to respect my edit or do not edit wishes. So if i seem harsh and rude in sry Thanks again for the feedback

I would have to agree, neither version was exposed just right however I think the second one is better. The composition is pretty good too, but I think you could have gotten it a bit better. Also, I think its kinda bland with the giant white space to the left. I would have put some thing there maybe have her lean on a wall and have the wall go off in the back ground or something.

#2 its not underexposed

Yes a wee bit harsh there - You asked and I'm sorry I didn't notice the message....

I still think it's under exposed. Check the histogram. It's missing a fair amount of contrast. Also not very sharp

I may have overdone it slightly with my quick effort!

There's better ways of putting a view across! I'll avoid you in future if you wish

I only see one image... file name Brittanyedit1.jpg

I agree with the others. It looks a tad flat with too little contrast. The eyes aren't tack sharp, but then again for portraits of women, a little softness is a good thing, generally speaking. A little more DoF would have helped this. the left side (as you look at the photo) shows the corner of her mouth in focus, while the other corner (which isn't all that far away) is out of focus.

I like the composition. I appreciate the use of negative space, but I'd like it better if the rest of her head was in the shot.

I'll echo others... you went a tad over the line with biting ol' EOS_JD's head off. That was uncalled for. Something about vinigar, honey, and bees comes to mind....

the second one was removed, only the original is up now

I like the composition and I like how there isnt anything in the white/gray space to draw the eye away from the subject, I would like it if she were happier though, but thats not really anythign photographic, just personal taste

Most reactions

New Topics

Back