Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

My niece had her 6th birthday party last weekend. It was space themed and they were about to launch off a 2 liter bottle rocket. shot on Tri-x at box speed with my Leica m3 and foldable summicron 50 f2

Last edited:
^stand out photo. not just because it's the most recent and i want to be participatory -- sincere. the cool of youth.

had my first real (first was vacation photos for personal use) roll of provia 100f developed recently. shot with an olympus xa. every few were over exposed, but great color when the light's right. lady in a sweet sweatshirt that i passed on a walk ...

tumblr_ollhi0J9xz1v9quoao1_1280.jpg

^stand out photo. not just because it's the most recent and i want to be participatory -- sincere. the cool of youth.

had my first real (first was vacation photos for personal use) roll of provia 100f developed recently. shot with an olympus xa. every few were over exposed, but great color when the light's right. lady in a sweet sweatshirt that i passed on a walk ...

tumblr_ollhi0J9xz1v9quoao1_1280.jpg

She looks like the type of grandma that would bake you cookies. Glad to see you back, miss your stuff.

^thanks! life got too busy for photoshop for a moment there, but i'm back at it. nice to see a familiar handles.

I'm pretty new to photography in general and very new to using film. This was my favorite shot from my last roll. I was at Disneyland alone and I found this very quiet corner, where I just sat and hung out for hours. I've since gone back there a few times to edit photos or write stuff for my blog. This spot is basically my office now. This was about 3 seconds with ISO 800 Fuji film. I couldn't see where the aperture was set, it was too dark to read the ring. Taken with a Pentax ME Super that I got for $20 on eBay.
42890020.jpg

Last edited:
Here's two shots from my last two rolls. If I'm taking a camera out for a casual day it's usually my Pentax ME Super, but if I'm working or if I'm on a vacation I bring my 5Diii, but also always a Canon Rebel G because I can use my good glass on it. These were both shot near Tahoe with that rebel G and a 16-35mm F2.8L ii on Fuji 800 film. The picture of my wife actually might have been my Sigma 50mm Art lens, I don't remember now. But when I shot her out in the snow all day I used an orange gel, crammed under my Fong diffuser, hoping that it would make the snow and trees look extra cold in comparison to her. I don't know what I'm doing, but I think it kind of worked. I'm happy enough with it. On my digital shots it was easy to white balance them so that she didn't look orange and everything else looked like it was colder than real life.

The church was in Virginia City, we took an Uber over there for an afternoon and got stuck because Uber doesn't go out that way to pick people up...
53340004.jpg
53330015.jpg

Who is the long-haired dude in the far,far,far lower right corner?:1219:

I see why you like this photo of her. It does have a certain appeal to it. It's subtle though, not screaming.

Who is the long-haired dude in the far,far,far lower right corner?:1219:

I see why you like this photo of her. It does have a certain appeal to it. It's subtle though, not screaming.

I actually have never seen him hiding out there before. That sucks. Ugh. For the print I ended up cropping down just a touch and I think I've just never seen him there before.
Don't you hate that? Damn. I guess I just thought his head was a rock. Very subtle, that's why I loved it.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection I'm still semi-under the impression that may be a man shaped rock! I really can't tell!

That's a tough one! at first glance up close, I though a man, but after looking at it for a minute, I'm leaning towards a rock haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back