Post your hangover cures here...

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Ok so here's the story. Yesterday was busy at work so I forgot to each lunch.... went straight to a do after work, so missed dinner.... collided with the free wine... the results were predictable.

So today I'm very hungover. In fact its nearly tomorrow and I'm still very hungover.

Thats me done. Now it's your turn. Post your friday night stories and hangover cures here!

the only way for me to cure them is to go back to sleep.... most of the time i just live with them.... but i've heard gatoraid helps a lot, i dunno

Water, Water, Water. Your dehydrated and wine hangovers are the worst!!!! And for heaven's sake...eat something! :wink:

someone told me you get hangovers becuase your body is depleted of lots of vitamins... that's why gatoraid or other vitamin stuff is good..

is this true?? :?

mygrain said:
Water, Water, Water. Your dehydrated and wine hangovers are the worst!!!! And for heaven's sake...eat something! :wink:

No! No! No! Water is the worst thing.
Hangovers are largely caused by dehydration so you do need to get your fluid levels up. But if you drink plain water your body cannot control the water absorption at a cellular level - the cells can over-hydrate and get damaged (they often rupture).
You need to rehydrate with water that has balanced electolytes - that is, a mixture of salt and sugar - in it. Then the body can control the intake of water.
The best thing is a sports drink like Lucozade - but Dr Pepper, Coke or anything like that will do nicely (as long as it isn't diet!)
Current research shows that there is actually a gene that turns on and works when you drink alcohol. It is thought that it is this gene that contributes to hangovers when it finds no more alcohol to work on.
This is why the 'hair of the dog' (more alcohol) works and why alcoholics don't get hangovers.
Trust me. I know about these things

:) Well I might wanna mention that I rarely drink, and it's even more rare that I get drunk (it's been about a year and a half since I've drank enough to be qualified as "drunk", and probably close to a year since I've even had more than a few sips..wow)...So I guess I'm not as qualified to give hangover advice as Hertz is! :LOL:

Hertz van Rental said:
You need to rehydrate with water that has balanced electolytes - that is, a mixture of salt and sugar - in it.
But don't go adding table salt to your water kiddies. It'll taste like crap (I can't back up that statment, I have no idea how salty poo tastes having never tried it) and do you no good.

core_17 said:
:) Well I might wanna mention that I rarely drink, and it's even more rare that I get drunk (it's been about a year and a half since I've drank enough to be qualified as "drunk", and probably close to a year since I've even had more than a few sips..wow)...So I guess I'm not as qualified to give hangover advice as Hertz is! :LOL:

We won't go there. let us just say that when I .... decided to stop drinking a year ago the whole of Russia went in to mourning and two distilleries and a tanker firm went bust!

ferny said:
Hertz van Rental said:
You need to rehydrate with water that has balanced electolytes - that is, a mixture of salt and sugar - in it.
But don't go adding table salt to your water kiddies. It'll taste like crap (I can't back up that statment, I have no idea how salty poo tastes having never tried it) and do you no good.

Actually if you have dysentery the cure is lots of fluid - 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/2 of salt per litre. One to remember. It could save a life!

I'd rather buy a bottle of wine. Drink the contents to take my mind off of the pain and find a place to put the cork....

A simple cure in hot climates were diseases cause dehydration is: a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar. This has supposidly saved countless lives. The salt replinishes what was lost and the sugar causes the water to be absorbed by the body faster.

I think gator aid works cause it has the right amount of sugar for the water to be absorbed at a quicker rate.

As a person who rarely drinks, and when I do I am gauranted a massive hangover, what I learnt to do is not have any alcohol at least a half hour before going to bed, drink lots of water in that half hour, eat something, and take at least 3 advils. Upon waking up in the middle of the night (which is inevitable after drinking that much water) is to drink more water :roll:

In the morning, more advil's, lots of gator Aide or its like and make sure you eat something.

Note: Do not use salt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back