Question for a shoot I have today

I didn't have much time to set my camera, thats why i said i would have uped the iso to 400 to let more ambient light to lighten the back ground.
One thing you could try is use a telephoto lens from further back and that will bring your city scape nearer to the model

I like the telephoto idea. Thanks

So, you have a photography "business", and you have had no understanding of DoF all this time? Really?

Well, Ill take your question as a question instead of the implied insult :)

I understand DOF its just that sometimes it is a bit confusing and I typically don't shoot landscape or city lines. If the pic doesnt have the desired "blur" in the background I adjust in photo shop.

Im trying to become a better photographer instead of a great editor.

all the while... having a business. :) (website is new as of last weekend)

Its start-up though

The reason he asked is because without a firm grasp of depth of field you wouldn't be able to take pictures that fill the needs of the customers...

Unless you've been shooting on Automatic or Tv only...you'd almost *need* to understand depth of field to take the pictures you took.

So, you have a photography "business", and you have had no understanding of DoF all this time? Really?

After reading this comment I looked at your website and I have to agree with Bitter...how is it that you don't have a firm grasp of depth of field if you own your own photography business?

Even more so, the pictures on your website look very professional...and you did it all without understanding one of the basics of photography? I don't understand how that's possible.

I dont know what to tell you. I do understand the fundamentals and I achieve the DOF I want. I dont always know exactly why I get the results I do. mostly taking a lot of pics and choosing the good ones at the end.

Also shoot some with a wide aperture (smaller number ie f2.8) and some in between so you have all bases covered, but don't forget you will need a higher shutter speed using a telephoto try to match focal length and shutter speed but best to go a bit higher ie. 200mm = 1/250

Well i have to say... for someone who does not know the technical side to DOF you certainly have a decent portfolio. great images. Only thing i have to say (off topic) your prices wouldn't feed my dogs. I'm not there yet but those prices are pretty low for the amount of time required to PP an 8 hr event. But i guess you get what you pay for and you know what you're capable of. good luck and nicework so far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back