The purpose of this exercise was to use lines to create two abstract photos. The first one took a long time to set up and get everything right. There was only one light this time, but if you can't tell, these are cd's that have been burned in a microwave and shot with a macro lens. It was TOUGH to get them both lined up to reflect the colors and sizes that I wanted. Very frustrating. But I finally got the affect that I wanted after much adjusting and I think it turned out well. I couldn't resist adding the stars in post to top off the planet theme I was going for. I also smoothed the top right corner because the background disc was showing some OOF specular highlights which were distracting. I should have just used a good disc for this to avoid the highlights, but didn't think about it until now. F/5.6 1/20 ISO 100 Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM This one I took while looking around in the backyard for something to spark my imagination. I feel like I missed the boat as far as portraying feeling but I do think it looks like an abstract flower or dandelion and I really like wood grain of all sorts. The subject is the fence around my backyard. Overall, I'm not satisfied with it.... probably because it didn't take much effort. f/5.6 1/200 ISO 200 Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Things I learned during this project. 1. Tripods are also good for positioning a subject at a specific angle, especially the small tabletop tripods with built-in ball heads. I mounted a P&S camera to a little tripod and taped the rear CD to it to get the right angle and keep it there. Not ideal, but it worked. 2. Abstract doesn't come naturally to me. Instead of just seeing something that catches my eye, it seems easier for me to think of a subject or feeling I want to portray, then create the shot with whatever I have on hand. I'm not sure which way is better, but I know which way is easier at the moment. Thanks for viewing!