Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a customer come into my store yesterday to get some digital prints made from her Sony Cybershot. When we printed them, some of them turned out really low quality, even though she had them on a high setting. When we looked further into it, we found that on some of them (not all) it would save twice, once normal sized, and once sized for email. I went through the settings on her camera, and there is a spot where you can set it for email or normal (there were other options too but I can't remember em) and it was on normal. Anyway...does anyone have this camera, and could anyone tell me how to get it to stop saving them for email??? I told her I'd look into it. Thanks!!!!

Have you checked the Sony web site? Or possibly an in depth review on one of the digital camera sites?

Tell her to R.T.F.M.

Read the F______ Manual.

:p :p ;)

I've done a direct copy and past your your original post and put it on another forum (see you PM for the link). They might be able to help. :)

You got a reply.

CyberShotNut said:
 You need to find out what model camera it is. Some Sony cams (P92, P72, P8, P10) created small 320x240 files called .JPE files in addition to the standard .JPG files in the same folder. Other Sony cams (P71, P7, P9) created 320x240 files in e-mail mode but put them in a totally different folder called IMCIF100 and saved them as .JPG files.  In order for the camera to create these smaller files it must be set to e-mail mode, so someone probably had it turned on at some point. Just search all the folders, I'm sure you will find the larger files you are looking for.

Ha ha...no, I don't own a shop (nor am I in the UK) and no, we don't sell only cameras! We actually only sell a small selection of p&s cameras, and lower end digital cameras. This lady came to use our digital machine to get prints from her memory stick. The problem with just searching through to find the bigger files, is...well...she's an older lady, and it's hard enough for me to be able to tell the difference on the thumbnails between the regular and the .jpe.(that is what it gets saved as) until after it's already been printed. I checked the settings, and it is NOT set on email, it's set to normal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back