Rachel - latest girl senior (6 photos)

I was wondering what you did with the bw one too

This series is excellent but #5 & #6 are the 2 that stand out to me! Excellent job!

#1: Gorgeous expression, I like the pose and the comp. I like it when the hair is in front and one is behind. Generally I follow the rule of having the hair fall in front of the shoulder that's farthest from the camera.

#2 I dig everything except the saturation. Super high saturation is what you wanted but it can be achieved by other means than just sliding the saturation up, up, and up some more. People look at the scene of greatest contrast and in this case, the grass is the brightest thing in the photo which makes overpowers the subject. I'd try some selective saturation boosts, curves and eventually a vignette of some sort to give the saturation boost.

#3 That lighting is so gorgeous. I really like that tree in the b.g. The pose= not bad but somehow I'd like to see something a little different. I can't think of what right now but maybe it'll come to me. :) You might also want to clone out the 2 trees stickin' out of her head.

#4 I like the lighting here as well. I envy your locations.

#5 I like the expression and the pose. Only nitpick is that the white arm is brighter than her face which draws my attention away.

#6 3 things I notice first:
1) With her face turned that way, the main light is hitting the broad side of her face. Not THAT big of a deal in this case but if she was a little bit of a heavy girl, her face would look bigger. In my opinion, utilizing short lighting more often can separate the good photographers from the great.
2) Her wrist looks a little broad and bulky. Try to get the slender side of the arms/wrist of women so they look more graceful and petite.
3) Her fingers are bunching up her skin on her face. This could have been avoided had you had her wrest her fingers or fist on her temple.

Nice work.

dude, dan, love the last one you posted. . . actually i like alot of them!

good freaking job.

2 and 5 are superb! beautiful shots of a beautiful girl

Daniel, I just love your ports, they are always fantastic and these definitely don't disappoint :thumbsup:

dude - you are the photographer I am trying to be. No crap. I'm going to The Art Institute to meet with a financial advisor on Saturday and if they can help me figure out how to pay for it - I'm so going back to school for photography. I'm a little old to go back I think but I'll manage! :D

So anyhow I love these. Can you tell me what time of day is the best for outdoor shots like these ones?

number 4 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .... excellent series... 5 is great too.

Excellent camera work. Very impressive. Your DOF is really great on #7.

Excellent she does look llike she was a good subject wich is nice to get once in a while.

there's already been so many compliments I don't know what to say, I'll just leave it simple, beautiful subject and beautiful shots! I'm sure here male classmates will really like them :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back