Rambo the Weirdy c&c

You are getting better and he is such a cute dog. Makes me want a dog even more...

Its hard taking pictures of dogs with dark eyes and dark fur, its difficult to focus
Yes and hard to meter for as well. I know a little about shooting scared dogs. Although I have taken a break, I volunteer at my local animal shelter to shoot dogs for their websites for adoption promotion. The dogs are scared, confused and shy.... most times, but some are happy as Larry. The trick is to be patient and let them get comfortable with this stranger with his big-assed dSLR camera in the small run with 50 other dogs barking and crying plus potential owners walking passed. Then for best results, get down on their level and just like portraits of people, focus is on the eyes while trying to capture character at the same time.

20314Rocky-2.jpg

20313Lucy-2.jpg

20663Oynx-3.jpg

Although I had no say-so with my surroundings, you do. You have much too much clutter and distractions in the background. This takes away interest of your subject. You need to concetrate on framing and PoV also.

Hope this helps.​

I don't like how I can't distinguish the left eye of the dog (right eye in the picture). It just looks like a black hole. That's the first thing that I thought of when I saw it..

Its hard taking pictures of dogs with dark eyes and dark fur, its difficult to focus

im fixing to go re-shoot and try to get a good pose

Without the fisheye attachment i hope, move further away

I did it WITHOUT the ****ty attatchment lol, and i got a damn good picture, i think the best one ive taken by far. It will be in a thread called "Tiger" as for rambo, ill post the best pic i got of him (hes damn hard to shoot especially since he moves around so much)

Here's one with dark fur
562495991_b7QvX-L.jpg

I really try the whole "Be on their level" thing, but its hard when he keeps trying to lick the lens. Hes getting more comfortable with the camera tho, so maybe he will soon leave it alone

I really try the whole "Be on their level" thing, but its hard when he keeps trying to lick the lens. Hes getting more comfortable with the camera tho, so maybe he will soon leave it alone

I don't think so you have to be quick, this one jumped all over me, from a shoot i did for a local hunt
728230557_sFyZT-L.jpg

One of my favorite shots of dogs
728218859_DLGm3-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back