Rate the photo above you

Really like this one. Nice DoF, sharp and the colours are not too saturated. 8/10.

521x700px-LL-673241c6_nik0958.jpeg

A powerful moment but looks underexposed and the background is pretty boring, with the colours of the chimps they're just camouflaged, doesn't jump out at me for such a big expression on the chimps faces.
6/10

Spit Fiyah by Skateboard C 91, on Flickr

I like the idea, I think the main subject is a little bit on the soft side, I would have liked to have seen it a little sharper just because the subject it's self is pretty rough.. looks like those shoes have been through alot lol. 8/10

Here is mine, second day with DSLR so, def no professional here : ) It's the ceiling at the library, you would be able to tell that if we didn't have such an ugly sky today, figures.. Arizona has the most amazing skies and as soon as I get a real camera.. the sky goes white.

6901692383_d0c0a80324_z.jpg

Crisp, clear, seemingly well-exposed... no real composition though, and it feels uninspired. I give 6.5/10

4840869368_0719cac77a_b.jpg

Personally I would have taken out a few of those cracked and dirty m&ms if possible and tried not to crop out that very top part of the spoon. Other than that, nice job 7.5/10

I just got my first DSLR (canon 40d) and took this shot in my backyard yesterday. Used a bit of photoshop to remove some dust from the flower and tweak some of the levels slightly to get the black background (which also removed the stem, although I feel it looks sort of interesting without it).

Calla Lily alone by ccote321, on Flickr

^ I really like your photo, however I feel that with the plainer color of the flower this photo would be better with a real background instead of just black, 7/10.
Here's mine-

DSC_0520 by Ethang13, on Flickr

Last edited:
9.5/10 very nice photo, I love the low light, plus the glow. Looks great!

$snake.jpg

^^ 5/10, though I get the picture, aside from the main focal point, the rest is a bit distracting. My eye quickly jumps to the building in the background... Also don't really like the black and white, maybe would be a bit better to see the birds color

$boat.jpg

Rate how exactly? What are the criteria for determining the rating?
17.jpg

Personal opinion really.

For example, I would have given that seagull photo a 9 outta 10. Really cool execution.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back