recomend a good posing book?

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
anyone recomend a good book on posing...not many reccomendations out there it seems....do they even have a good posing book on the market?

ive needed help in this area too, and to be honest...and i think ive posted this before...i use other web sites to assist me...

i like trying glamour type stuff with my wife, and we go to deviant art a lot, and get into the glamour/fashion part of the photo category...sometimes even checking out the fetish and artistic nude sections (have to be a member to look at those i think).
they help us begin to figure out lighting and poses and we take it from there...

also you can run searches on Flickr which i have found helpful too...

get a start with that stuff, and then add your own creativity and go nuts :D

:popcorn:

(Watching thread... I have nothing to contribute, but I'm interested in this too.)

I don't know, but every time I got to Border's or Barnes & Noble, there's 10 different books on posing. Does anyone go to real bookstores anymore, or they also going to all go out of business? Amphoto has lots, by Jeff Smith and other folks too.

I wish we had Borders here... Walmart is the closest thing to a book store we have here (not very good selection, as you probably imagine).

I don't know, but every time I got to Border's or Barnes & Noble, there's 10 different books on posing. Does anyone go to real bookstores anymore, or they also going to all go out of business? Amphoto has lots, by Jeff Smith and other folks too.

i go to these places all the time....but just cause they have tons of posing books doesnt make any of them any good...

I would say that they are mostly all very good. What are you looking to get out of a posing book. They all have the same advice and rules and guidelines, but the bottom line is that posing is dynamic. It's all comes down to the ability to look a a scene and see if it looks good or looks bad. Posing books just help you know where to start changing to make it look better. Books help with basics, but it doesn't start feeling any different until you start posing real people a lot of times. Eventually it starts feeling less awkward. That's what I found at least, although it still feels pretty awkward.

I would say that they are mostly all very good. What are you looking to get out of a posing book. They all have the same advice and rules and guidelines, but the bottom line is that posing is dynamic. It's all comes down to the ability to look a a scene and see if it looks good or looks bad. Posing books just help you know where to start changing to make it look better. Books help with basics, but it doesn't start feeling any different until you start posing real people a lot of times. Eventually it starts feeling less awkward. That's what I found at least, although it still feels pretty awkward.

ok well whats on that you have read and found most helpful?

Most reactions

Back