ritz camera

tatumheiser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i just posed a thread about this topic a few days ago, so sorry for posting another... buttt i was just on ritz camera and see they have the same refurbished d7000 on there for only 999.99... what do we know about ritz? anyone order from there???

I used to have a Ritz Camera near me at a mall, but the nudnicks that worked there could have cared less about selling anything, and did not seem to have much knowledge about the products they sold. They have since closed. Maybe their online store is different. Buyer beware is a good rule of thumb.

Ritz is reputable and has been in business for a very long time.

what about amazon.com
i shop there alllll the time.. but never spent over a grand on any one item before haha!
i just saw they have a NEW d7000 for 1199.00 which is the cheapest iv seen it in a while.. i cant seem to find if it comes with the nikon warranty though?! anyone know? also, do you know anything about the extended warranties they have at amazon?

If it is sold by amazon I'd go for it. If it is sold by some small amazon seller? I wouldn't and here's what happened to me: I purchased a lens, new in box from a smaller seller. Seller all of a sudden after I ordered changed the lens to out of stock and rejected my order. No big deal. So I ordered it from another small amazon seller. That seller refused to SHIP the lens and it was pick up only after I purchased. No big deal, he rejected my order too. EXCEPT that at that point Amazon had well over $3000 tied up for over a week as it took it's time to refund the purchases. I had needed the lens for the following weekend (I gave it 2 weeks to get here via expedited shipping.) Needless to say I THEN ended up putting the purchase for the lens on my credit card and purchased off ebay with about 5 days to pray it would get here... The ebay transaction went far better than the amazon one.

ive never had any issues with amazon but i ALWAYS order straight from amazon.com and not from other sellers... this camera is from amazon, im just concerned about the warranty.... it doesnt say anything about it

Ritz is an old company, responsible for the Quantaray brand if I remember correctly.

Definitely not a pro store :) I never dealt with them in the old days but that's who I bought my first (and only so far) DSLR. The manager of the store was ok but the rest of the employees were pretty pitiful. Not a place I would recommend to anyone starting out but due to the fact that they often are the only game in town anymore, it may still be better than BestBuys and Wally World type places.

They were also going under the name Wolf Camera in my area.

Overall, if you know what it is you want, they are fine. So, I would think their online operation is fine. Just check what the return/exchange policy is just in case.

Refurbs are fine too if they are manufacturers' refurbs.

okay. just ordered a new one from adorama! i highlyyyyy recommend calling and ordering rather than over the web!! amazing customer service so far! very pleased.. friendly & also wanting to offer advice as far as lenses and other things! happy so far!!! :p

thanks everyone for your input tho :)

Or if it is Fulfilled by Amazon, which means the item is in an Amazon warehouse, you get the same benefits as if it is sold by Amazon.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's own warehouses, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these items. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping and
amz-prime._V192217000_.gif

If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfillment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon.

Ritz and Wolf are the same company, they have been around forever. Good store but normally has higher prices than other brick and mortar stores

I bought my D7000 new from Ritz last week for $1200. The price doesn't get much better than that and I have no complaints about that location.

i just posed a thread about this topic a few days ago, so sorry for posting another... buttt i was just on ritz camera and see they have the same refurbished d7000 on there for only 999.99... what do we know about ritz? anyone order from there???

Ritz is legit....999.99 for a refurb D7000 is a pretty good deal. I'm surprised they are selling it online though.....maybe a bunch of demo models they had laying around???

tatumheiser said:
what about amazon.com
i shop there alllll the time.. but never spent over a grand on any one item before haha!
i just saw they have a NEW d7000 for 1199.00 which is the cheapest iv seen it in a while.. i cant seem to find if it comes with the nikon warranty though?! anyone know? also, do you know anything about the extended warranties they have at amazon?[go to B&H they warranties you are looking for]

The one near me is small so they don't always have what you need, but there are knowledgeable people there.

Most reactions

Back