Rocky Mountains - Alberta - Summer 2007

I'm still in for those dates :thumbup:

Jack, I may be interested in sharing a time-share if you can get it for $75 and we can split it between a few people. I was thinking of Camping/tenting because it's nice and cheap...but access to a shower would be nice and if it's split three or four ways...it's practically as cheap as camping.

Morning Mike,,,dibs on the top bunk!
Just a thought, we will need acess to power, for battery recharge, and downloading to laptop etc.
People might want to consider this, when selecting a campsite.

I'm tempted!!!
Which airport is nearest the area for the meet so i can check air fares?

Always fancied visiting Canada!!

ok...just checked flights to Calgary airport.
It'll be at least £400 for me.
I just moved house last year so i'm a bit skint and would need to think carefully.....but i'm really tempted!!!
Could someone pick me up from the airport?!?!?:lol:

ok...just checked flights to Calgary airport.
It'll be at least £400 for me.
I just moved house last year so i'm a bit skint and would need to think carefully.....but i'm really tempted!!!
Could someone pick me up from the airport?!?!?:lol:

Sure:thumbup:

I am really thinking about doing this trip too. I could drive from wisconsin as I have driven from california to wisconsin atleast 4 times. Is it okay if i am young? will be 17

I will be 18 at the time, so I doubt there is much of an age limit. You will have to pre-check any age restrictions on accomodation.

I certainly don't mind how old anyone is...the more the merrier.
It would be a good idea to find out where you are going to stay and check ahead to make sure that it will be OK. Most hotels probably won't care...as long as you have a valid credit card.

Although, if we decide to go for drinks...you might get left out.

I am keen on the idea but was wondering - how much notice would you require for a definite yes or no?
If i said yes and waited until the last minute to try and grab a bargain flight but failed, how much would that inconvenience everyone?
I realise if i said no then there would probably be less chance of making it if accommodation is set.

Would hanging off until the last minute eg a week or two before the meet cause an inconvenience???

We are going to try and get a count of who is in and who's out...closer to the date...but I don't think there will be a problem if anyone has to back out or show up at the last minute.

The main reason that we want to spread this out over a couple days or a week...is partially because it would be too hard for everyone to make it out on the same day. It's also because it's a somewhat remote location and will require a fair bit of time for people to get there. Also, there are many sites but they are spread out over a pretty big area, so we won't be able to see too many in any one day.

This is how I imagine it. We will have a central 'meet up spot' and we will meet at this location in the morning...maybe even very, very early in the morning so that we can get to a location before the sun comes up. It may be the same location each day or we may pick different starting points for different days.

So if people want to be included in that days activities...they just show up at the meeting place. I'm sure that several people will have cell phones and we can try to keep in contact. The cell coverage will be good while in the towns but I'm not sure how good it is otherwise. Maybe Cybersurfer will know.

If we can stay in contact, then it should be fairly easy for people to meet up with the group later in the day. There will be a fair bit of driving, so people should be ready for that.

I'm not sure how everything will work out...and I can see that it will take some preparation for everything to go smoothly. People will need to arrange for rides & car pools etc. Everyone should have an idea of where they will be staying for the nights and how they will get from those places to the meet up location. People will need to be responsible for their own food etc. We won't be too far away from civilization but there may be times when we may want to pack a lunch etc. I'm sure it will be helpful if we can work out an itinerary.

Would hanging off until the last minute eg a week or two before the meet cause an inconvenience???
I doubt it. If that's what you need to do...that's OK. We would be happy to have you come all that way.

Jeez, if only I read this post earlier! I would have loved that one! Just booked flights to St Louis, then onto Albion, IL, then Nashville, IN. Then NYC and then back to the Emerald Isle.

ps: There may be leprechans in Ireland, but stay away from their lucky charms or you will get arrested for sexual harassment! :)

Haven't been to this thread for a while.
So.. July 21-28th or so is what we're all kinda leaning towards?
Man this is going to be a very busy year for us. Mexico in May, Vegas in Dec and plenty of camping in between :) !!!

I will talk it over with my boyfriend. It won't be hard to twist his rubber arm and talk him into camping in the mountains but it will depend on his work schedule and any other major holidays that our families decide to throw at us.

Big Mike to Peanuts: "Although, if we decide to go for drinks...you might get left out."

Legal drinking age is 18 :)
19 in BC though if anyone decides to jot over into 'Gods Country'

Despite my earlier enthusiasm I'm definitely not going to make this. Had too much unexpected expenditure this year already ... and it's only March :shock:

Hope you all have a miserable time without me :lol:

Hope you all have a miserable time without me
We will try :D

Big Mike to Peanuts: "Although, if we decide to go for drinks...you might get left out."
Legal drinking age is 18
19 in BC though if anyone decides to jot over into 'Gods Country'
Actually, I was replying to eravedesigns..."Is it okay if i am young? will be 17"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back