Selling calanders

phoenix83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone made profit from selling calenders thanking of doing trying this out but would like to here the good and bad about trying it but only from those who have actually tried it

My daughter tried it. I took the pictures. Her plan was to sell them for $5.00 each but she could find no way to mass produce them at a cost that would assure a profit. Most print shops wanted something like $20 each to print 1000 calendars or less. She abandoned the project.

I know that businesses give away calendars as advertising so they must somehow be able get the unit price down. My guess is that they order 1,000,000 or more.

Has anyone made profit from selling calenders thanking of doing trying this out but would like to here the good and bad about trying it but only from those who have actually tried it
I just sell usage rights to my images for calendars, post cards, greeting cards, posters and other related products.

I get most of my contacts out of the Photographers Market . It's a book from the Editors of Writers Digest Books. 2009 marked their 32nd annual edition and the 2010, 33rd edition is now on pre-order at online book stores like www.amazon.com

If you do it all on your own, you can make a profit, but it won't add up to much unless you're able to sell a lot of calendars.

So, it will boil down to how successful you are at promotion and marketing, rather than how good your photographs are.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I sold a few calendars last year (online, not in person to anyone) on cafe press (have since switched to zazzle) They were my Tortoise calendar. Costs nothing to make. I am planning on creating more subjects of calendars for this year.

i tried before too, and found unless you can sell them them all its a bit of a risk....calendars have a shelf life, so if you make too many and get stuck with them....nobody buys 2008 calendars anymore :lol:

I looked at that cafe press thing, seems like a good idea as you dont have to buy a whole bunch up front, but your prices and profits are kind of out of your hands that way.

If you plan to sell them make sure to spell it correctly on the label CALENDAR...

If you plan to sell them make sure to spell it correctly on the label CALENDAR...

Sorry about the spelling I was typing late night when I typed this did you have any thoughts on the subject or did you just want to mention the spelling of the word

Most reactions

New Topics

Back