Shooting my first model mayhem today

oh - you added them to the original post - was looking for them down here...

Very nice. She looks natural and very attractive (helps!).

Good lighting and I really like both shots, but #2 could've had her head turned just a bit to get rid of that 'spike' of sunlight coming out of her ear.

Nice! I think you missed the focus a bit on they eyes shot behind the leaves.

I just hope she shows (showed) up for you. It's so awful when a model confirms, you get it all planned out, then they don't call or show up. I quit dealing with MM for that reason. I tried 10x. 9 didn't show at all (of that only one called...3 hours after the no show) and the other didn't come prepared (ie, following instructions since the client wanted no makeup, no nail polish, no hair products and model came 20 min late with spiked hair, ton of makeup and a fresh mani/pedi with red polish). Done, lol. BEST OF LUCK!!

^^^ She's already done the photoshoot, look at her OP.

Crystal, what I tell ya?!?!? The pix are good! U go woman!

good stuff!

i have 2 shoot on the 18/19 with 2 mm models. i just hope they show up! lol

good stuff!

Make sure they're experienced and always send them message a few days ahead just to confirm and trade phone #s. I've had 1 not show up but i didn't go cuz she never confirmed w/ me. But I've got em booked till Octover 10th!

good stuff!

Make sure they're experienced and always send them message a few days ahead just to confirm and trade phone #s. I've had 1 not show up but i didn't go cuz she never confirmed w/ me. But I've got em booked till Octover 10th!

Yeah i will,

There is one i contacted and she seems really enthusiastic to shoot with me. The other one initiated the shoot with me.

they are really GORGEOUS models with some good shooting experience from what ive seen in their portfolios. they probably have more experience than i do! haha

I call the NIGHT before and send facebook messages, for any of my "clients"
I've had ONE no show so far and it really ticked me off, because I had facebook with her the night before, the day of, called her the day of, and drove 30 mins to the beach with my 3 kids, driving over a toll road, getting my car covered top to bottom, in and out full of sand, and then no show!!!! She called me like an hour into it after I tried to call her 5 or 6 times and sent her like 2 or 3 texts saying she completely spaced and she is sorry.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
However, it worked out in the end because I got some great pictures of my kids! lol

I looked at all the shots on your site- I like them all- nice job. I wish she would have smiled in at least one, though. She's so pretty, I'm willing to bet her face would have lit up with a smile.

Get drunk before hand, you'll be significantly less nervous.

Works for me anyway.

HAHA thats what i did on my first shoot with my first MM model, it worked perfect too, pretty sure drunk at 9:00am in the morning didn't work to well with my wife lol.

But you'll do great just remember these will be part of your port just relax keep the convo going but also remember to take pics lol, if she talks to much, just pull the camera up to your face or else you'll stand there for hours hearing the model blah blah for hours haha.

what do you mean?
My "gear"?
lol
I have a NikonD3000 and a SB-600. :)

Love the lighting on your pictures. What was your camera settings? Of kayla that is.

I'm sure my settings are all over the place.
I usually shoot in A mode and don't move far past 4

Most reactions

New Topics

Back