Sigma Vs Nikon D7100

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all...happy new year!!

While researching for a new lens I started to note a few Sigma models...things were looking good until I noticed a lot of talk about incompatibility especially concerning the D7100 and Sigma Lenses..

Judging by the points people are making am I right to assume that I should not take the risk in buying any older (around 2015 back) Sigma lens all the time I own a D7100?

I have another thread regarding types of lenses and I didnt want to mix the two..but I do no have to start deciding and eliminating certain lenses or even brands...

Thanks

I had issues with a sigma 50-150 f2.8, older model on a d7100.

I also had issues with a tokina 50-135 f2.8. When Nikon introduced the d7xxx range I believe they gave some changes that older third party lenses had issues with.

I'd be careful going for anything to old, I do have a 17-50 f2.8 sigma that works fine with my d7200, but I'd recommend sticking with either own brand or these new third party with docking stations allowing updates unless you get a real good long test time with your purchase

I had issues with a sigma 50-150 f2.8, older model on a d7100.

I also had issues with a tokina 50-135 f2.8. When Nikon introduced the d7xxx range I believe they gave some changes that older third party lenses had issues with.

I'd be careful going for anything to old, I do have a 17-50 f2.8 sigma that works fine with my d7200, but I'd recommend sticking with either own brand or these new third party with docking stations allowing updates unless you get a real good long test time with your purchase

Thanks...I was having a look at one on Ebay....but when people say 'really sharp' you dont always know what camera they used...and its going to be difficult knowing when compatible lenses were produced and the age of the lens for sale...im gutted because it looked a good deal and suited my needs especially as it was a 2.8...I didnt know the firmware for a lens could be updated, but I dont really want to be poncing about with updates..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back