Sky Captain and the world of tommorrow

It is the first time I hear about that film. But if you recommend it i think I'm going to see it... is that a new film? or what is it about?

****SPOILER INFO BELOW- DO NOT READ IF YOU DON"T WANT TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FILM!!!!.....YOU"VE BEEN WARNED!!!****

First of all I'm a huge Sci-fi geek so when i crap on this movie please don't think I have no idea what I'm talking about. Second- I wanted to love this movie. I wanted it to be a cult classic and for the world to rejoice around it. I guess I expected too much...

The movie looked great- CGI to the max. It started off super, but then they started to act...Paltrow ruined the movie- she can't act her way out of a kitty litter box- Im glad she's not acting for a long time to raise her "Apple". Her character was as dense as rusted iron- she would ask the dumbest questions RIGHT after they had just explained them. Mr. Law was great as usual but lacked a chance to really act. Giovani was awesome and I think he stole the movie. Jolie was hardly even in it, which didn't bother me too much.

The story was so goofy and tripped all over itself. I love old serials- westerns, flash gordon, etc... but this blew. Are we to believe in ALL of the years that the machines were doing it all by themselves and nothing went wrong with them. Even today we can't get computers to run properly. PLUS what mad scientist would try to re-populate the earth with dinosaurs and mammals co-existing at the same time!?! Come on, the dinos would eat everything in sight. Then the scene where they are crossing the bridge at the climax during the rocket finale and all of these chunks of heavy metals were being ripped off the walls and they had no problem crossing it except for it shaking and the things falling- they would have been sucked off of that thing very early on. It was poo like that that really pissed me off. The last scene regarding the camera made the movie worth watching though...it was classic.

This movie suffered from bad writing, mediocre directing(it' s okay- it was his first), and was completely CGI driven which can be good sometimes but should not tote the film. I give it 2 out of 5 fingers.

It wasn't bad. It's a lot like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Jurassic Park, and Alien Resurrection all in one movie. The effects were different, but of course there will be copycats and people will call it the next stage of filmmaking, which I hope it's not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back