Some lightbulbs for C&C

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I bought a cool looking lightbulb that I thought would be great for some pics. It has a really heavy filament and I used a dimmer switch to get it to a lower output. I did some dinking around with lighting in different positions but still having some focusing issues. Has anyone else attempted taking these pics before? Any tips/pointers?

Lightbulb_0905.jpg

Lightbulb_0829.jpg

Lightbulb_0853.jpg

Lightbulb_0861.jpg

Lightbulb_0877.jpg

Lightbulb_0896.jpg

Lightbulb_0898.jpg

Thanks for looking!

5 was my favorite, i didnt think the leaf helped anything in the last 2 (IMO)

but no, havent tried to do something like this, id expect that youd want to focus in on the base of the light bulb.

and lol, i totally copied your sig, ima go ahead and change it soon

I threw in the leaf for an added subject. I was starting to gather that the base of the bulb is the place to focus because it was really difficult trying to focus on the filament.

maybe the fixed AF selection focus somthing, im too tired to remember, its a manual setting, if you picked only one point and put that straight on the filament wouldn't you be able to do that?

2 and 4 I like best. Especially 2. Interesting coil deal inside.

Well I like them. Most of all number 2. I dint know if t was ment or even noticed but it looks like a little girls face, left eye and part of her nose In the reflection. If it's not meant to be even better. Lol or I'm on drugs haha good pics cool bulb!

I like 4 and 7. I like the color(?) in 7. Not too bright, the tone of it appeals to me the most. And I thought I glimpsed a face in picture 2 as well. I thought it was your reflection or the camera's but I dismissed it as a coincidence. =)

Ah HA my wife thought I was crazy, I saw it too. They all came out that way on that set up. I think it's actually just a coincidence the flash spot kind of looks like an eye catch and the shadows are playing some tricks. That.....or my house is haunted

Most reactions

Back