Some more for you guys

I think your photos suffer from poor or uneven lighting. I'll explain what I mean:

1. Do you notice how the left side of the frame is better exposed than the right side of the frame? If you look at her legs and shoes, you'll see that there's almost a milky haze over that side of the frame. It almost looks even like the image gets softer on the right side. I think this mostly has to do with the conditions in which you composed the shot and what the light had to bounce off of in the room you were in.

2. Probably the strongest of the set, however you covered up part of her body with your watermark. That's normally considered bad practice.

3. The black background makes it appear as though she has far less hair than she does. There's not enough definition, or sheen on her hair to make it stand out from the black background.

4. Suffers less from the lighting that plagued #1. But still looks slightly out of focus for whatever reason. It become very apparent around her earring.

5. Lost definition in hair, use of excessive skin softening, and the earring again looks out of focus and I find to be very distracting.

You seem to be getting a lot of praise from these shots, but to be honest I'm not really impressed. I think the lighting needs a lot of reworking, and you should exercise more subtlety when processing images.

Studio lights does not a professional photographer make. But you're probably on the right track.

Thanks, I think you should do a photo shoot and show me what you mean. :thumbup:

Nah, I'd rather sit here and post critiques on your photos, and then shortly later get a sarcastic response because someone called you out on your less than stellar lighting and excessive processing. That sounds like a better use of my time right now.

I don't need to produce a shot to tell you that your lighting is uneven. You can look at the first photo and see it. I also don't need to process a photo to make an example of what over processing a photo can do to the overall quality of the image.

So, while I'm over here actually analyzing your photos, you're sitting in front of your PC with a "Holier than Thou" attitude. That's fine and dandy, but it's also kind of egotistical, and it all seemed to come along after you got a piece of L glass and some Ebay lights... Hmmmm... Interesting how that works.

So if you don't appreciate my critiques, that's fine. You're not going to learn anything if you just listen to all the blind praise you get.

Re-work the lighting, it's bad. Your choice of black for the background was also a bad idea. You have some more to learn.

Thanks I'm currently learning to play with lights like you and when I become a master like you and can write my alphabets with a flash light I will know I've achieved my PHD in photography. LOL eBay lights... You're a joke man

Now if you were half as good at your shots like someone like let's say Darrel then I'd take some advice from you. Unfortunately I haven't seen a ork of u worth my time to take your advice nor to be huffig and pufing because you are not pleased with my shots. Sorry kiddo.

Last edited:
DEFLECT/AVOID/EVADE

That's all I got out of your post. I look forward to seeing more mediocre images from you.

Thanks I'm currently learning to play with lights like you and when I become a master like you and can write my alphabets with a flash light I will know I've achieved my PHD in photography. LOL eBay lights... You're a joke man

Now if you were half as good at your shots like someone like let's say Darrel then I'd take some advice from you. Unfortunately I haven't seen a ork of u worth my time to take your advice nor to be huffig and pufing because you are not pleased with my shots. Sorry kiddo.
Just add "To a certain extent" before all of these:

It doesn't take an M.D. to diagnose a cold.
It doesn't take a pro golfer to see what's wrong with someone's swing.
It doesn't take a concert pianist to hear a wrong note.
It doesn't take a pro football player to see a bad throw.
It doesn't take a mechanical engineer to see a faulty design.

See where I'm going?

P.S. I'm not saying anyone in this thread is right or wrong because I know nothing about portrait photography (and little about any kind of photography). Just giving you some insight...

Oh yeah I'm no master at photography which is why I'm still in this section. Only problem I had with his original comments is that his intention was to get at me because I didn't like his playing with light shoots. Which is why he goes on to saying how he wasn't impressed with my shots which is what I told him for his back when. Ita just more personal attack that's all. You can read his replies and sense it.

Oh yeah I'm no master at photography which is why I'm still in this section. Only problem I had with his original comments is that his intention was to get at me because I didn't like his playing with light shoots. Which is why he goes on to saying how he wasn't impressed with my shots which is what I told him for his back when. Ita just more personal attack that's all. You can read his replies and sense it.
Oh, ok. I am not aware of the thread that you mentioned so I didn't sense it. I just notice a lot of people saying things like "why should I listen to you?" etc. I was just trying to show that you don't have to be an expert in something to see that something is not right or could be done better. (some of the time, not all of the time.)

You really are a space cadet aren't you?

Did you read my first post? I gave C&C on your photos from my perspective on what I thought you could improve upon (and I did so in a respectful way, and offered encouragement), and what did you do? Deflect/evade/change subject. I had actually forgot that you had posted in my light painting thread, and was giving you honest C&C. As a matter of fact, I gave you more critique on your photos in this one thread than you've ever given me on any of my posts.

Learn to have some humility. If you want C&C, take what you want, and leave what you don't.

Or just continue to be a dick and be added to my ignore list. Either one, I really don't care. It would save me from running to the bathroom to evacuate my stomach when I look at your photos.

Oh hell no I'm not the type to turn down advice! Just can't stand personal attacks that's all. From this thread I've learned more about how I should place my light my background. I have to say I'm not as happy as I would be with these except for the one where she is laying down in the black background. I ordered a better backdrop which should help a lot with my next shots. Will keep you updated. Right now I'm about to go for a photo shoot with someone. (outdoor)

Tyler please put me on ignore list ASAP thanx

Anyone wants some nuts? I brought some Schwetty Nuts. Salted for your pleasure. It came in a schweetty nuts sack.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back