sony a77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derrel said:
Just a point of clarification for skieur: I do not believe that I have referred to "toy features" in any of my posts in this thread; now, skieur you keep stating that I have referred to "toy" features on the Sony A77...I would like to see an example of that in a post that "I" have made using that exact language. Good luck finding it.

Anyway...the people who want a Sony A77 can buy one any time they feel like it: Best Buy, and Fry's Electronics, and other big box retailers, have boatloads of Sony A77's in-stock and ready for customers to come in and snap up! The camera is available wherever fine TV sets, stereos, and DVD players are sold. I called my local Best Buy tonight, and was told they had six A77's in-stock...I asked if I could get a Nikon D7000...nope...sold out...and that the next D7000 shipment would likely sell out the day it came in. Anyway, I am, like roughly 88 percent of the entire d-slr market, committed to cameras made by other companies besides Sony (I am a Nikon AND a Canon d-slr user). Best of luck with your Sony cameras and Zeiss/Cosina lenses. The Tamron/Sony 28-75 f/2.8 is one of the better lenses for walk-around, outdoor use. If you want the lens with the Sony-style rubber, it's available; it is also available for A-mount with the Tamron brand name on it.

The ODDEST thing about this entire A77 love-fest is that I do not think that there has been even ONE mention of the only real advantage Sony has over Canon and Nikon, and that is their in-body stabilization system, like the one Pentax and Samsung both use. All this talk, over 30 pages' worth, about the viewfinder and the sensor and the A77's 12 FPS burst rate, but no discussion of the in-body sensor shift technology that helps steady the shaky hands of Sony users.

Well, like Popular Photograph's Michael McNamara said, "wait and see what Canon and Nikon come out with."

You know Derrel, if you really are an "accomplished photographer" you wouldn't say some fanboyism things and stupid lies. Those big stores that you mentioned barely stocks alpha system and accesorries. A77 is very hard to find right now. Give me that number of bestbuy.
You called your local bestbuy and they told you they have 6 in-stock? Why would they tell you that? Were you asking for a77? lol. My local best buy, fry, Sears, or even Adorama and B&H have no stocks. C'mon, give me the numbers lol..

As an "accomplished photographer", you should know that this debate is nonsense.
A camera is only as good as the person behinds it.

Sony being sony tries to make everything proprietary so I would doubt any parts are. The funny thing though is that even though sony supplied the sensor to Nikon, Nikon was able to do BETTER with it than sony was! The A55 uses the same sensor (I believe) and look how much better the D7000 performs with the SAME sensor.

You're also comparing an apple to orange. Yes, a55 and D7000 uses the same sensor, and so are the a580 and Pentax K-5. The a580 and D7000 scored equal overall in the lab test of DXoMark. It is also not about the sensor, processor also makes difference. You better educate yourself more :)

Nikon_Josh said:
Again, ENGLISH FAIL!

lol. Oh ok. You can't beat me in this thread that is why you are trying to attack me in a different way hahaha! You are being desperate now bro lol. Your way of attacking has no effect on me. Try harder. You didn't see me making fun of you when you said "DO YOU GO DO SCHOOL?" lol
You may speak more fluent than I am, but that doesn't change the fact that you're a dumbass who gives corny jokes and lame attacks. This ain't english class you f0ol. You are the only one who is complaining here. I guess your limitation of understanding things is not as good as I thought. Hehehe!!!

I still can't understand anything your saying?????? Again, ENGLISH FAIL. You write badly written gibberish.. and you still look like the sort of person I could 'knock out' with a flick of my finger. So end of discussion!

Nikon_Josh said:
Again, ENGLISH FAIL!

lol. Oh ok. You can't beat me in this thread that is why you are trying to attack me in a different way hahaha! You are being desperate now bro lol. Your way of attacking has no effect on me. Try harder. You didn't see me making fun of you when you said "DO YOU GO DO SCHOOL?" lol
You may speak more fluent than I am, but that doesn't change the fact that you're a dumbass who gives corny jokes and lame attacks. This ain't english class you f0ol. You are the only one who is complaining here. I guess your limitation of understanding things is not as good as I thought. Hehehe!!!

I still can't understand anything your saying?????? Again, ENGLISH FAIL. You write badly written gibberish.. and you still look like the sort of person I could 'knock out' with a flick of my finger. So end of discussion!

Because you're a dumbass that's why hahaha..
"I still can't understand anything your saying?" -- your saying? And a question mark? Talks about writing properly bwuahahaha!!!!
I am doing better than you loser. You can't change that hehehe :) You fail so hard lol

"So end of discussion! "-- you're chickening out?
Knock me out? They say the weakest dogs bark the loudest. :)

Last edited:
Nikon_Josh said:
You have 3 degrees aswell now do you? My my my... you have achieved so much haven't you?? hahahaha!
Your sentence construction is terrible. :)

Because you're a dumbass that's why hahaha..
"I still can't understand anything your saying?" -- your saying? And a question mark? Talks about writing properly bwuahahaha!!!!
I am doing better than you loser. You can't change that hehehe :) You fail so hard lol

"So end of discussion! "-- you're chickening out?
Knock me out? They say the weakest dogs bark the loudest. :)

:lol: Just looked at your photo again internet thug! From now on, I will only answer to men who look like men and you most certainly don't! :lmao:

Actually, I won't have the joy of having to respond to anything you ever have to say again 'Lady boy', as you are now on ignore, smart little boy's like you are made for the ignore button! Thank you for the interesting conversation though! As derrel just stated with the video he posted, arguing with you is very similar to arguing with a Spitting Goat. Enjoy your life! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Nikon_Josh said:
:lol: Just looked at your photo again internet thug! From now on, I will only answer to men who look like men and you most certainly don't! :lmao:

Actually, I won't have the joy of having to respond to anything you ever have to say again 'Lady boy', as you are now on ignore, smart little boy's like you are made for the ignore button! Thank you for the interesting conversation though! As derrel just stated with the video he posted, arguing with you is very similar to arguing with a Spitting Goat. Enjoy your life! :thumbup:

If I know, your face look disgusting. You're just mad because I didn't respond to your private message, homo. lol

So ignore me if you want. I don't give a damn, chicken. lol.. You got owned by me, so cry to the side and leave this thread to straight people. Bwuahahaha!!!!

PS: Stop sending me private message you dirty old pedophile lol

""Sony has, once again, radically changed the world of DSLRs with its A77. Plus, it has done so without compromises in the shooting experience or in image quality. The A77 now reigns supreme over APS-C format DSLRs. Neither Canon's EOS 7D nor Nikon's D300s can match the A77's AF speed or resolution. While the Canon 7D does beat the A77 in its noise performance and holds more resolution at the highest ISOs, the A77 ultimately beats it for the overall package, including the video-shooting experience and the versatility of the articulated LCD.
Seasoned photographers with extensive lens collections will likely have a hard time deciding if they should switch to Sony, especially if they've taken up video seriously. If this describes you, we'd advise you wait and see how Canon and Nikon react to the A77 before making up your mind.
We have to admit that we see this as a serious shakeup in the camera industry. For the first time, a camera without an optical finder can deliver the level of performance that we've all come to expect from an eye-level framing device. Furthermore, you can use it to shoot video, change menu settings, and overlay a variety of gridlines, even a leveling indicator.
Add to that that the A77 can match the burst capabilities of its competitors, while offering a limited 12-fps burst mode. Plus, the camera has the best automatic panorama stitching we've seen, and the Handheld Twilight mode significantly reduces noise in low-light images of still subjects."

This reviewer by the way Derrel is suggesting that Nikon and Canon will probably wait and see as I predicted in my earlier post and then perhaps copy what you guys call "toy features".:lol:

skieur

I thought it was not classed as an SLR, i would not switch to Sony

Easy shot? Those dogs are relatively small and very fast. I wouldn't say it was an 'easy' shot. Timing that shot with the delay of live view (even if small delay) would be difficult.

This dog is faster. Notice the sharpness.

Ontherun2.jpg

As I said previously, an easy shot for a Sony camera.

skieur

That dog is not running fast you can tell by its positioning, i have the same dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back