Stone walls

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by albo, Oct 4, 2007.

1. albo

albo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Took this photo as an entry to a competition where the theme was town walls, this is Limerick town wall in Ireland...

(Unfortunately I took the photo on the closing date, and when I got home to submit it, I found out it was actually supposed to send it in the post rather than online, so I never entered it)

A bit of post processing done (cropping & rotating)

Anyway, comments?

[​IMG]

2. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

lots of dead space... i mean i understand the rationale of including the wall, as that's the contest, but 75% of the image is out of focus, except for what's right around the snail. what's the significance of the snail and all that wall? why include it other than for the sake of the contest?

3. albo

albo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well the snail was just there to put a bit of life into it and not just have a wall, and the increasing blurring away from it is to imply the height of the wall and the distant "light at end of tunnel" effect at the top. That's also the reason for the diagonal... I suppose also the idea of the snail had so far to go to the top or something

4. Trenton Romulox

Trenton Romulox TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I sort of think the dead space works, makes the live space (snail) that much more powerful. I like the shot a lot actually.