too much saturation?

meotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I guess there is a point where a person can just have too much saturation, the grass is green to an unreal point. i am having a hard time figuring out that point. please tell me if this is too green. feel free to contribute any other critiques you have as well.

fwiw, the green stuff floating in the water is suspended in the water, not on top of it. Not quite sure what it is or how it got that way, but if anybody else knows, feel free to chime in.

edited:
img6183qn1.jpg

edited probably a little better, but i await your opinion:
img6183bbf7.jpg

original which is OTE: show me what you would have done with it.
img6183atn6.jpg

as a weird aside, rotating this image 180* makes it VERY trippy and way more interesting... almost like i'm at the bottom of a pool looking up at somebody looking down at me...
img6183acz7.jpg

Doesn't look oversaturated to me. I didn't even notice the reflection of you until you rotated it.

I like the high saturation of the first photo and I like it better rotated. Almost makes me dizzy!

I shoot in some very wet areas where the grass, trees and vegetation have that degree of saturation naturally. In shady forest areas the water can be extremely dark as well.

skieur

I like it better rotated. I also did not notice the shadow until it was rotated. Nice shot.

I love this shot. Personally I feel there is slightly too much saturation. This is one of the many situations where the only answer lies in what you perceive as the final outcome.

Love & Bass

I personally would have toned down the green a little. The water looks better with your edits, however, and the green stuff in the water is more noticeable. Like the others have mentioned, I also did not notice the reflection in the water until the image was rotated.

The sat is just a bit much, not too much though, but one thing you could try is to make a copy of the image before manip, or cut out a brush with the water the way you like it and when you sat the greens, overlay slightly the water to make it look more natural and yes it is better rotated. :wink:

thank you for your comments! i did the editing in picasa (this shot might be the 1% of shots that picasa just isn't sufficient) If i was using PS, i'd have seperated the curves between the water and the grass... but alas, i can't.

is anybody else having a hard time getting the first image to show up? there should be 3 images in the first post, but i'm only seeing 2. for those that said the saturation wasn't too much, were you talking about the first or 2nd photo? (first is under "edited" second is under "edited probably a little better")

thanks again!

I like the saturation. But the reflection of the person is really distracting.

img6183bbf7.jpg

heres my attempt of getting rid of the reflection. sry its bad and it was a quick job

Most reactions

New Topics

Back