Street Photography

streettrailpark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried my hand at it(again) and I really like a few of them. Tell me what you guys think.

3645311116_fea31c4f42.jpg

3644503755_00d7b5ee82.jpg

3645312436_b9ce9d41bf.jpg

3644504989_f695ff9a45.jpg

3644505401_52f891e7ef.jpg

3645313534_fd476aa053.jpg

COLOUR!
3644506229_f9cc41b18f.jpg

3644506467_1148f307b3.jpg

3644506759_0ef4a4b7cb.jpg

Well....I think they lack a subject. When i look at them i dont see anything that pulls my attention towards it. A couple of them have people in them but they are just too far away. I also think some are underexposed and maybe stick to color for now. Please dont take my remarks to be an insult, i am far from being a pro.

I agree, there's nothing really interesting that draws my eye into the photo.

Also half of them aren't "street" photography.

It would be easier if you number them. I will refer to them by numbers.

#1 I like the bird off to the right. It helps make the picture for me.

#2 Looks sort of like HCB style. Not bad for me either. Nice line on the sidewalk with the "clown" riding his bike to it.

#3 I really like this picture a lot. Even though it's monochrome, it has an artsy pastel feel to it for me. I like this picture for an artistic quality.

#4 bores me but #5 is better.

The last picture I like. The composition is pleasing to me.

The second and the last photos are the only two that could fall into the category of "street photography" and of those two, the last shot is the best because my eye is immediately drawn to the woman with the umbrella. The shot of the bicyclist - he is too far away and the rest of the scene to busy to be able to appreciate him...perhaps if it were cropped closer....

Thanks guys! Yeah, half of them aren't "street", but who really cares at all? I went out to shoot street stuff, I saw other potential photos, and I wasn't going to not take them because I went out to shoot specifically "street". Other than that thank you all for the critiques!

Actually, the second shot is the strongest of the bunch. The extreme wide angle of view, the fact that the scene is very busy, all of the different elements at play in the composition (the white stripes on the road, the darkness of the road, the cross type symbol on the wall to the right, the dark shady area to the left, and especially the no parking sign), and then the presence of the person on the bicycle, who appears almost as an afterthought- all of this plays perfectly into a really nice street shot.

Keep working on it. Street photography is hard- but it can really be fun and very rewarding. Keep working.....

Last edited:
Very nice. I found a new appreciation for Photography. The tunnel one with the lady is a great pic.

greatartpicture.blogspot.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back