Stroboframe for D1x

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by ahphotography, Oct 26, 2007.

1. ahphotography

ahphotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm thinking about getting a stroboframe for my d1x - what are your reviews on them? Do you think it is worth the money? I shoot mostly weddings and (onsite location) families, kids and the basics. - What do you think? :thumbdown: :thumbup:

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Do you mean the brand or flash brackets in general?

Stroboframe is one of, if not the leading name in brackets. They do have some pretty good products. I use a Stroboframe 'Press T' bracket and I like it.

There are other brands of brackets, I've not used any of them but some of them look pretty good. It's really more of a personal preference as to which brand and model you choose. I choose the Press T because it allows me to hold the camera with both hands, rather than having to hold onto the bracket with one hand.

3. ahphotography

ahphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Mike - I've been looking at stroboframe the brand but brackets in general as well. I see what you're saying about the Press T - I think I would like that feature as well.

Thanks for your help! I think it's ago! :)

4. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

I have always used Stroboframe as well and the have served me well. Another choice might be what esaspet uses and I think she calls them "Custom" brackets http://www.custombrackets.com/Scripts/default.asp . They might be a little more appropriate for a larger frame camera and yes, in my opinion you really should use a bracket especially for shooting weddings.