Subaru, am I stupid?

Thinking about it, it may well be:

Big tent = big top = circus

It's the only connection I can figure, but as to why they associate gorillas and monkeys with the circus...

What is always fun is to look beyond what the Ad man thinks he's saying and read the sub-text, that is the alternative message thet they have missed.
In this case it's 'car salesmen are dumb'. Which leads to 'would you buy this car if an idiot tried to sell it to you?'
I don't think that was what they were trying to say at all :lol:

It's the only connection I can figure, but as to why they associate gorillas and monkeys with the circus...

What is always fun is to look beyond what the Ad man thinks he's saying and read the sub-text, that is the alternative message thet they have missed.
In this case it's 'car salesmen are dumb'. Which leads to 'would you buy this car if an idiot tried to sell it to you?'
I don't think that was what they were trying to say at al
l :lol:

I do that all the time!

I looked and said "it's advertised on TV along with those can't-be-found-in-stores $19.95 contricks so whatever they're advertising has to be crap". I drive an Xterra!

okay - in the commercial, the tent and outdoor scene belongs to the gorilla. the other sales rep is saying that it is not THAT kind of tent sale but rather a large white tent sale that car dealerships are known to have. That's my interpretation and I am sticking to it.

okay - in the commercial, the tent and outdoor scene belongs to the gorilla. the other sales rep is saying that it is not THAT kind of tent sale but rather a large white tent sale that car dealerships are known to have. That's my interpretation and I am sticking to it.

but why would he be wearing an ape costume if he just wanted to set up a small tent? Doesn't it make more sense that a guy dressed in gorilla suit thinks he's part of a big autoshow (hence the balloons he's holding) instead of the small tent?

But what do I know, I didn't get this ad at all before I posted this thread...:lol:

pascal

I don't think that was what they were trying to say at all :lol:

I can't find one either, I viewed this thread and the ad before anyone else replied and then went out and started researching to see if I could find any thing that would connect the word tent to primates. Total failure.

When your Subaru lies quietly in a pile of iron oxide flakes, my Xterra will still be going strong :D

Highly doubt it.
Targa07013.jpg

That car has been in the air so many times the local ATC's know the license plates.

(Excuse the crappy pic. That was my ancient point and shoot.)

Most reactions

Back