Suggestions or reviews

cindyg2024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all. I am completely new. I have always like photography, but have never actually persued taking classes or anything of that nature. Now with motorcycle riding and racing as a hobby I am looking to learn a little more and step up in every way possible.

I currently have a Sony cybershot (older model) P&S that I am using and it is just NOT working for me anymore. It was a very basic beginner digital camera and while it works well with day light, up close subjects, it does not do well in low light or with anything moving (such as motorcycles - lol).

I would love to jump right to a digital SLR but am not sure that it is necessary at this time. So I have been looking at some SLR-like cameras.

Can anyone tell me anything about the Fujifilm FinePixS9100? I have a lot of specs on it that I have written down if you need to know anything else about it. I guess my main concern is that I buy something that has a decent shutter speed (for quick moving objects) that won't blur and a decent zoom. I can tell you that this camera has a 10.7x optical zoom, 2x digital, 28-300mm, and a max shutter speed of 1/4000sec with a minimum of 30 seconds. I also know that the aperture is f/2.8-4.9.

Can someone please tell me if this would be a decent camera to upgrade to? I have found it for $349 and as high as $445.

Thanks for your help.

Don't forget to research high-ISO performance as well. Your mention of low-light subjects makes me recommend an entry-level DSLR and a 50mm f/1.8 prime lens. While the initial investment may be a bit more than an SLR-style P&S, remember that you would be buying a SYSTEM rather than a camera, and that you can expand infinitely later as your skill increases. In some cases, it's worth waiting and saving a little bit more to buy the right equipment the first time. It would be a shame to buy an SLR-style P&S only to find that it doesn't meet your needs either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back