www.garyayala.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few snaps of soccer
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/3489552#196571052

196571052-M.jpg

196570653-L.jpg

196571892-M.jpg

#1 - The sky and pitch are blown out but can be overlooked in the grand scheme of things. The battle of the two in front and the look of "D'uh" of the back two make it work.

#2 - You know it's good. Maybe some cropping on the right.

#3 - Can the hips of mere mortals make that position? I think not.

Outstanding soccer pics! I can appreciate a good soccer picture as Ive been trying to get some of my own and failing miserably. #1 is my favorite as it captures a great moment we've all been (as soccer players) as either fighting for the ball or awaiting the outcome of the fight. The sky is blown out but Im sure that was look you were going for...as far as pitch...not sure thats a photo term.

Very bright Southern California Sun casting heavy, noon-ish shadows on the faces of the players. Either I expose for the players and get eyes and noses on their faces or expose for the pitch and get gr5eat looking grass. The call I made was for the faces. Truthfully, I hate the blown out grass ... but there's not much I can do about it in a practical sense. I'm thinking about getting a gradient ND filter and shoot with the dark end down.

Thanks for your comments Kundalini and d1a1s1. I was trained that on action stuff to expose for the most important element of the photo and let everything else just kinda fall where it may ... that concept works better with film.

Gary

Most reactions

New Topics

Back