Swiss toil

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by tsien, Aug 9, 2004.

1. tsien

tsien TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hahaha very good for the advertising company... maybe mils products or even a shampoo... those cows has beautiful tails... huh :) I don't think that is our own Molested_cow :)

3. grooski

grooski TPF Noob!

hahaha..haha...ha...no. Why do put that on the site? Crapy, its ruined by flash.

4. StvShoop

StvShoop TPF Noob!

the flash is too bright, but i can see the flash effect working for this shot.
    i like the row of cows disappearing to the vanishing point door. if you could diffuse the flash so it's not so bright in front, and a bit brighter on the cows further away, i would really like this shot.
    as it is, the cows in front are too separate from the cows in the extreme background. assuming there are cows somewhere inbetween (hidden in the shadows), if you could capture them too, the creatures would have a really serial feel to them.

i like the tilt, it makes it seem as if the cows are sliding down the horizon

5. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

Flash is definately too bright, adjusting levels should help. That said first off grooski, there's a thing called "tact".

Secondly, there is absolutely, positively NO WAY I would bring my tripod in there.

6. molested_cow

molested_cow No longer a newbie, moving up!

Sexy aren't they!!!

7. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    My sentiments exactly! Found this, perhaps it would make a good signature line?

Tact: Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.

8. StvShoop

StvShoop TPF Noob!

LOL :LOL:

9. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This IS the Critique Gallery. Anyone that posts here should expect complete honesty. If you just want Ooohs and Aaahs, post in the Photo Gallery. The title of this forum says it all.

"Critique Gallery
    This forum is for serious critique, so expect brutal responses if you post here."

10. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    I agree, honesty is good and what I expect when I put work here. However, asking someone why they even bothered to put the picture here isn't a critique, it just seems tactless. I always welcome suggestions on my work, but even I would be offended on this forum if someone said "Why did you even bother to post this here?" Several of these type of comments were also made on the general picture thread as well.

11. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

we have strived to find a medium here which reflects the honesty with which we pride ourselves in. that being said, the picture was a technical failure and grooski should have said that in a more tactful way, but not sugarcoating it. i believe that everyone is correct in what they are saying, so lets just all get along.

md

12. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    Works for me :D