taking a break from photography

LynziMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After talking with my parents, I've decided to take a break from photography, at least pursuing it professionally, for awhile. I am in the midst of several personal crises and dealing with several very serious autoimmune diseases that are basically getting worse every day. I haven't been diagnosed with any one thing yet, but there are several very likely culprits and none of them are pretty. I need to really focus on getting, and staying healthy and let myself take it slow and stress free. I am the kind of person who hates it when I don't get everything right the first time, and though I LOVE photography, I'm very much a perfectionist about it and all that stress isn't going to help me any. My camera will still be used, I just won't be setting up fun, elaborate shoots with my friends anymore... just capturing fun memories for myself.
I've enjoyed posting here at The Photo Forum very much, and on days I can't get out of bed will still be looking through all of the amazing photos on here. Just don't expect any posts from me :) I really just want to spend the time I feel good doing things that I might lose later on.

Bless y'all :)

Oh dear, sorry to hear of the challenges you're facing. Please take good care of yourself. :hug::

We will be here when you feel like posting or just 'hanging out'. Get well soon.

Take care of yourself first! Best wishes for conquering this. We're always here if you feel like poking your head in and hanging out, as Mike said. :)

Get well soon and stop by once in a while.

Best to ya... Hang in there, tough!

We'll see you sometime soon, I hope...

Sorry to hear about your health. We will miss you and your wonderful shots. Get well soon, and hope to see you on here again. We are here if you need us.

I'm very sorry to hear this and hope it's not progressive.

Sending positive energy to Utah.

As strange as this may sound, try to laugh. Find something to laugh at, be it movies, readings, personal contacts. The old Readers Digest wasn't wrong with their insert of "Laughter is the Best Medicine".

stay strong my friend

Most reactions

New Topics

Back