taking pictures while scuba diving

ckshen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i am going to the caymans for a friend's wedding. and they have some great coral reefs down there. i was wondering, what speed of film should i use to shoot those pictures? is 800 good?

Well 800 is going to be very grainy. You still probably wont have enough light to shoot the coral without a flash anyway. Why not go for a nice saturated fine grained film. I've never done any underwater photography but I hear Provia is very popular for that purpose.

I agree with Vood, that if the light would allow it something more fine grained would be nice. Talk to the counter folks at the local lab; I think you need a red correcting filter to compensate for the loss of that part of the spectrum once you get 6' or 8' below the surface.

Most places were you can scuba dive they rent cameras with flash, you should check it out, and if you have flash use 400, a friend of mine has done this and 400 was an ok film for a camera with a flash if you have no flas it doesn't really matter what kind of ISO film you have all you are going to get are blues and some greens, you need a flash to get the reds....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back