The Coffee House

image.jpg
Dinner is served with a Thornton Chardonnay.

Gary, If you have not heard of Grill Grates, you might want to take a look at them. I retrofitted my Weber Summit with them and absolutely love them. It just happens that I can also use them in my Yoder smoker, although I don't plan on using my smoker for a grill. They have a small learning curve as their heat conductivity is very high and even. I have learned that on my Summit I have to back off the gas a little to get the same low temp. I did a couple of bone in strip steaks last night. The sear was perfect and the final lower temp finish was great. A perfect medium rare all the way through.

I can't say enough about their ability to hold temp. After I got done with the steaks and let them rest I played with the temp and got it to 350. I left my iGrill 2 ambient probe in and the temp never waived more than 7 degrees from 350. I will now do a lot more baking out on my Weber.

Minicoop that could be a whole new niche in wedding photography - emergency weddings! It just sounds funny, I figure you mean there's some reason you're filling in and doing the wedding, not that you're shooting a shot gun wedding. Wait, that doesn't sound right either...

Today was fun, had another eye procedure, a cyst removed, and since the Dr. said they numb the eye I didn't think I'd feel anything. Wrong! lol I don't think it helped to hear him say something about cauterizing blood vessels, wow was it red after! Looked better after awhile and not too sore tonight. Of course I don't know how it will feel tomorrow, Dr. said it will feel sore and I'm on eye drops for two weeks then back to check the cornea. Crikey at least that's done.

Gary you had blue wine? I know, the glass is blue, but the drink looks blue and the ice cubes look blue.

Congrats Jason on your new job! I'm sure it's well deserved (as is the raise!). And if it turns into a career as a movie star, well, good luck on that too! lol

To top off the burning eye procedure, I was just thinking we might make it out to the car before the thunderstorm hit - and the skies opened. The lobby sounded like a haunted house, I thought the whole place might go. Or at least the wicked witch might fly by. Luckily it didn't last too long before it let up.

So at least it wasn't so hot, but the hummididity just was worse. I'm ready for fall.

Today was fun, had another eye procedure, a cyst removed, and since the Dr. said they numb the eye I didn't think I'd feel anything. Wrong! lol I don't think it helped to hear him say something about cauterizing blood vessels, wow was it red after! Looked better after awhile and not too sore tonight. Of course I don't know how it will feel tomorrow, Dr. said it will feel sore and I'm on eye drops for two weeks then back to check the cornea. Crikey at least that's done.
It hurts my eyes just reading this. Bless your heart! :icon_hug: I hope it doesn't suck too much when you wake up tomorrow.

Get well soon, eyeball! (One doesn't have an opportunity to say that often, so...)

Pix: congrats, sweetie! I'm certain the 'stache ruled the day. ;)

View attachment 124444 Dinner is served with a Thornton Chardonnay.
Dang, that looks great... I'm eating rice krispies tonight.
Mary Lou said "there is no way to describe how good it was". Gary thought it was very good. The grilled apples tasted like pie and the Charonnay could hold its own against most Chardonnay's from France. Gary would have been pleased to share with you.

The Dr. didn't seem too concerned but they do test the cyst tissue just to make sure there's nothing else going on with it. It was called a conjuctiv- al? ital?? something, I've worked with kids enough to recognize this is along the lines of pinkeye! Mine started with an eye infection that went along with a respiratory infection, etc. Thanks for the nice thoughts Gary.

My mom has had umpteen eye surgeries, first one I remember she had to go to a university a couple of hours away and my grandma came and stayed with us. I don't know if I want to tell you what they did for a detached retina back then, all I know is thank goodness for lasers now.

But my 80 something mother can still pass her eye test to renew her license. Not that she drives much, my dad drives and she yells at him. She bragged she could get almost anyplace making mostly all right turns. Why? who knows, but this could be part of the Camaro/Gremlin thing, they're just nutty, we say they're not getting senile, they've always been this way.

Mmmm grilled apples! I love baked apples.

Thanks Terri, yeah I hope it doesn't hurt worse in the morning. It looks better than it did, the white inner part of my eye is quite red but the blood vessels don't look bright red like they did afterwards. Actually it looks like it did when I first had the eye infection! lol maybe I'm back at square one. Not really, eye drops 4 times a day are supposed to help it heal up.

Told a friend being a hockey fan I could say I was in a hockey fight and got socked in the eye! lol or I got a stick to the eye. Or some other such BS.

Gary, If you have not heard of Grill Grates, you might want to take a look at them. I retrofitted my Weber Summit with them and absolutely love them. It just happens that I can also use them in my Yoder smoker, although I don't plan on using my smoker for a grill. They have a small learning curve as their heat conductivity is very high and even. I have learned that on my Summit I have to back off the gas a little to get the same low temp. I did a couple of bone in strip steaks last night. The sear was perfect and the final lower temp finish was great. A perfect medium rare all the way through.

I can't say enough about their ability to hold temp. After I got done with the steaks and let them rest I played with the temp and got it to 350. I left my iGrill 2 ambient probe in and the temp never waived more than 7 degrees from 350. I will now do a lot more baking out on my Weber.
Gary will check them out, thanks for the link and the tip. Gary's Kitchen Aid propane has uneven heating, the Kamado is quite good and the iGrills take all the guess work out of grilling/BBQ-ing/smoking. Gary uses the Kitchen Aid propane grill for baking pizzas and breads with success. Cooking up the Marsala, pasta, apples and garlic bread all in the patio, surrounded by the garden, music, butterflies and Hummers made the cooking quite enjoyable.

Minicoop that could be a whole new niche in wedding photography - emergency weddings! It just sounds funny, I figure you mean there's some reason you're filling in and doing the wedding, not that you're shooting a shot gun wedding. Wait, that doesn't sound right either...

Lol. I think that could be a good source of revenue. People are willing to pay more on an urgent basis. And tend to be more thankful and appreciative.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary is still full from last night's gorging of Chicken Marsala. Gary has more running around to do. Yesterday, he drove to BevMo for the Marsala and Sherry. Cost Plus oddly enough, didn't carry any. The supermarket's employees didn't have a clue what Marsala and Sherry were ... Gary is not a fan of BevMo, but he needed the wines, so he bought them.

Gary has been eyeing a Yamaha wireless receiver at Costco, the TSR-5790. Anybody have expertise with audio stuff, is this a worthwhile receiver?

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary is still full from last night's gorging of Chicken Marsala. Gary has more running around to do. Yesterday, he drove to BevMo for the Marsala and Sherry. Cost Plus oddly enough, didn't carry any. The supermarket's employees didn't have a clue what Marsala and Sherry were ... Gary is not a fan of BevMo, but he needed the wines, so he bought them.

Gary has been eyeing a Yamaha wireless receiver at Costco, the TSR-5790. Anybody have expertise with audio stuff, is this a worthwhile receiver?
I am not an audiophile expert but I understand hardware. It is very well made. Features and specs are impressive. I have been looking at this to replace my aging Onkyo as my son wants it. He has my ancient Pioneer. I look carefully into the hardware as I expect to use it 10-15 years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back