The Coffee House

Morning, hosers.

This week's coffee intake will be higher than usual to help keep the headache at bay. So far it's been revving its engines and threatening to charge but hasn't actually attacked yet. Let's see if I can keep it that way. The fact that the next few days are going to be Hot As All F****** Get-Out (technical term) is NOT going to help. :/

Soooooooooooooooooo muggy here. I'm gonna suffer Saturday. Oh well, it's good money.

Good morning, muggy here as well. Had to go into plant today as the GM is on vacation. I do not care to be inside all day but have to do it Friday as well. Gonna get caught up on sales and lead reports, check website, look at P & L's and see where we are at against the budget.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Another overcast and cool morning and it should warm up into the 70's. Gary doesn't have any cash. It feels a bit odd to be sans cash. Gary used the last of his greenbacks on doughnuts for his early Tuseday morning meeting. Granted, it is no big deal to hit a AMT or store ... But Gary isn't all that compulsive where he needs to have some cash in his pocket.

Today, at least so far, should be an easy day. Gary may have to drive to San Juan Capistrano, but other than that it may be a free day for Gary to get a bunch of small stuff done ... Gary needs some black tea, dog food, Marsala, Sherry, Fuji 90mm, 'S' hooks, pepper plants (2) and maybe a new patio set.

@ Leo: Good luck at keeping the headache at bay. You're welcomed to come over and stick your feet in the pond to cool off, (Gary will toss in a snowball Margarita).

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Another overcast and cool morning and it should warm up into the 70's. Gary doesn't have any cash. It feels a bit odd to be sans cash. Gary used the last of his greenbacks on doughnuts for his early Tuseday morning meeting. Granted, it is no big deal to hit a AMT or store ... But Gary isn't all that compulsive where he needs to have some cash in his pocket.

I have found stores that don't take plastic. I have found stores that don't take checks. I have found stores that don't take plastic or checks. I have never found a store that does not take cash. I always have some cash on my person whenever I leave the house and If I run out, I get more cash before I get home.

Greetings from balmy Nebraska. It's just a tad past 9 in the AM here and we're already above 80 degrees on the heat index with about 40% humidity. Forecast for the day? Nasty. Just Nasty.

Had a good time over the weekend putting the new.. umm, well new to me Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 HSM I through it's paces. So far, fairly impressed. Does the job pretty well despite it's age.

DSC_6247 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

Forecast for the day? Nasty. Just Nasty.
I must be one of the few that loves this weather. We're supposed to be in the 90's for the next few days with high humidity. I love it and can't get enough of it.

Greetings from balmy Nebraska. It's just a tad past 9 in the AM here and we're already above 80 degrees on the heat index with about 40% humidity. Forecast for the day? Nasty. Just Nasty.

Had a good time over the weekend putting the new.. umm, well new to me Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 HSM I through it's paces. So far, fairly impressed. Does the job pretty well despite it's age.

DSC_6247 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

Somebody splattered black paint on your kitty cat. :biggrin-new:

Apparently it is so hot there the leopard is even panting. Nice shot.

Here it's only 75. Had an early morning shower or two. Supposed to hit 98 by 5 p.m. so I am heading out to run errands now so I can hunker down in the AC this afternoon.

Forecast for the day? Nasty. Just Nasty.
I must be one of the few that loves this weather. We're supposed to be in the 90's for the next few days with high humidity. I love it and can't get enough of it.

So... you're insane.

Ya, ok, that explains a lot actually... lol

I don't complain during the heat because I'd rather be in the heat than freezing my ass off. I hate living in Wisconsin for that reason... I'm frigid half the year.

Soooooo....
I put in for a new position at work a while back. positions are posted for applications for a set duration of time, usually around 2-3 weeks...during that time, you write a formal letter officially stating your desire to fill that position and why you feel you would be better suited for it than the 50 other people that put in for it. they fill the positions based on seniority, certifications held, work performance, and supervisor recommendations after 1-2 interviews.

during this process, there is a lot of political maneuvering by the applicants. Certifications often take precedence over seniority depending on the position, but seniority carries great weight when certifications are close or equal. Job performance is really difficult to measure in my field and it often comes down to "who has the least/less serious infractions". The biggest wild card in the process is the supervisor recommendation category. Favoritism, I imagine, is an issue pretty much anywhere you go and EMS is no exception. sometimes WHO does your interview is more important than the interview itself. Eventually, the final list has to be approved by our operations manager, but the supervisors carry a lot of weight in the decision, and rarely does our top management go directly against the collective supervisors decision.
This time around, there were two positions open, and one applicant i KNEW had me beat on all counts. thankfully though, he only wanted the position in Sanford, and I wanted the position in Orlando.

anyway....

the moral of the story is....I got the Orlando position.
there were a lot off disappointed applicants, and one or too totally butthurt ones that for some strange reason thought their supervisor friends would get them the spot over my seniority AND certification credentials. The buddy system only helps so much when the supervisors know they are expected to fill those spots with the most qualified personnel.

Im not super thrilled about the rotating schedule, but it IS a ~$10k a year pay increase....so....that helps.
should be starting soon. cant wait for the upgraded paychecks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back