The Coffee House

Hmm. Did not know that. The neighbors that play it are way too into it, which turns me off.

They also drink while playing it, but the drinking is separate.
I always like to drink while playing lawn darts.

Dave can dabble in plumbing, electricity, welding and driving. He lost an over the road driving job because he sleeps in the dark hours. He rubbed his trailer against others. And he knocked the door off a trailer. Then he lost his CDL when the job he was doing didn't let him do what was needed to keep it. Dave is 57 years old.
He feels quite lucky to have snagged a part time job about 5 miles from home.
He has no paperwork to show any plumbing or electricity. He was a self taught welder who was pretty good with a mig machine. But he hasn't made good money since the middle 90s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dave can dabble in plumbing, electricity, welding and driving. He lost an over the road driving job because he sleeps in the dark hours. He rubbed his trailer against others. And he knocked the door off a trailer. Then he lost his CDL when the job he was doing didn't let him do what was needed to keep it. Dave is 57 years old.
He feels quite lucky to have snagged a part time job about 5 miles from home.
He has no paperwork to show any plumbing or electricity. He was a self taught welder who was pretty good with a mig machine. But he hasn't made good money since the middle 90s.

Hang in there and keep at it, there is much good to be found in persistence.

Hmm. Did not know that. The neighbors that play it are way too into it, which turns me off.

I've never played, but saw a set at a big-box store.

One other company keeps hounding me.
It is a delivery service I guess for almost anything. But my truck gets maybe 15mpg.
And probably can't be counted on to stay reliable. And while I drove to Houston for the last two jobs , driving to Conroe every day or to Houston has lost its appeal.

YES!! Me too! And then I laugh and laugh and laugh :D
So glad to see that someone else laughs about this! I do, too! My wife doesn't laugh nearly as hard--probably considered a chuckle or smirk.

And, our really young neighbors didn't know what I was talking about when I said it. :cold:

I can't even explain why it's so funny, but it just is.

under any circumstances, eat concrete or any concrete products and byproducts.

Or chew nails? LOL. FYI it was a very tender piece of steak

Whew, then I'm safe! ;)

It is a delivery service I guess for almost anything. But my truck gets maybe 15mpg.
And probably can't be counted on to stay reliable. And while I drove to Houston for the last two jobs , driving to Conroe every day or to Houston has lost its appeal.

Any chance at free-lance welding jobs? My father did that after he retired. Good welders are hard to come by and there's always stuff that needs welding. He would do large machinery - cement mixing trucks, well-drillers, flatbeds. Any independent contractors in the area who might not have a welder on staff but need stuff fixed?

I've never played, but saw a set at a big-box store.
They were outlawed, at least locally, back in the '80s

Those are the Russian relatives. We don't talk to them since the election. :biglaugh:
Actually, that would be extremely impressive to see, firsthand.

Any chance at free-lance welding jobs? My father did that after he retired. Good welders are hard to come by and there's always stuff that needs welding. He would do large machinery - cement mixing trucks, well-drillers, flatbeds. Any independent contractors in the area who might not have a welder on staff but need stuff fixed?

My grandfather was the last commercial farmer in Detroit and a master welder. He was free lance all the way and did extremely well. He was in high demand for difficult jobs. Underground, nuclear stuff, city work, custom. You name it, he could join it. He never had a shortage of work, he turned more away.

My grandfather was the last commercial farmer in Detroit and a master welder. He was free lance all the way and did extremely well. He was in high demand for difficult jobs. Underground, nuclear stuff, city work, custom. You name it, he could join it. He never had a shortage of work, he turned more away.
Out here a welder needs to be certified in order to perform government/structural work. In Texas they don't license contractors ... so welding may be regulated just by the marketplace.

Out here a welder needs to be certified in order to perform government/structural work. In Texas they don't license contractors ... so welding may be regulated just by the marketplace.

Yup, he had all that. I have his certifications and journeyman card stashed away somewhere. I remember looking at them and thought how pristine looking they were. He must have cherished them.

Most reactions

Back