The Coffee House

Checking in. Water still froze off. Looking at Monday or Tuesday. Carried 9 gallon of drinking water from my neighbors. Then another 40 gallon from the creek. Cristal clear. Got settled and the low pressure regulator up the hill about 25 ft. Now that's a chore. Cleets on my shoes and a good rope to pull up the snow covered, well you get it. Wife said I could slide on washing dishes. Bless her.
Been up that hill about 5 of the last seven days. Just one time fixes it. The gas is free ( we have a gas/oil well on the property) so I consider it a cheap price, also lots of exercise. Going to be 60 here next Tuesday. Wake me up when it gets here. Ed

Rick58 said:
Tough winter Ed. I've had enough about 2 months ago.

Oh man, Rick, I saw one of mishele's Instagram pics...screen cap of the local weather forecast in your state,with temp readings in the -5 range with wind chill that dropped the apparent feel to -26...that was last week! Uhhhhh, no thank you! Hope spring arrives there, STAT!

Thanks Derrel. As a Maintenance Supervisor for the Parking Authority, much of my time is spent outdoors. We have 2.1 miles of sidewalks to clear around our facilities and these 1-2 inch nuisance snowfalls keep rolling in, wave after wave. It seems more of the same next week. 2 miles of sidewalks at 4am with those windchills is no treat for my guys. My first 15 years there, I was one of "those guys". Now I have a office with a coffee maker, but when it comes to sending them out in the sh*t, I don't forget those years.

Last edited:
Thanks Derrel. As a Maintenance Supervisor for the Parking Authority, much of my time is spent outdoors. We have 2.1 miles of sidewalks to clear around our facilities and these 1-2 inch nuisance snowfalls keep rolling in, wave after wave. It seems more of the same next week. 2 miles of sidewalks at 4am with those windchills is no treat for my guys. My first 15 years there, I was one of "those guys". Now I have a office with a coffee maker, but when it comes to sending them out in the sh*t, I don't forget those years.
good man with some character here...

Buenas Noches Coffee Hosers. It's been a long day. Mary Lou has been working hard on planning our summer entertainment at the Hollywood Bowl. Looks like eight events this summer, starting with a duet of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga. (I love the Bowl. It's my favorite music venue.) I am sorry for all you people who are being battered by Winter. Winter just keeps going on and on for you people. Spring has got to be around the corner.

_DSF2660.jpg

Thanks, boys. Doing better today. Yesterday, the Tylenol made the pain more manageable. Today, it's making things feel almost normal. Well, as long as I'm not talking or opening my mouth. It still hurts to swallow and I'm still using ice to help the swelling.
how are you feeling this morning?

The swelling is probably at its worst this morning, which is that they told me would happen. The pain is lessening and my energy is better. I'm going in soon to have them check things quickly because last night the top right side - not the pocket but the tooth next to it - was extremely painful, and pain meds weren't helping. Well, regular pain meds - Tylenol or Advil. The prescription stuff they gave me with codeine did work when I took one at night. The pain is now gone on that side, although now the left side hurts. But it's a different pain - I think it's just sore from sleeping on it.

I was afraid the pain last night might have been dry pocket, even though I didn't have any other symptoms, so even though that pain is gone, I still want them to check things out to make sure it's all starting to heal the way it's supposed to.

:(

let us know how it went.

it'll pass soon! :icon_hug:

Good morning, breakfast is finished. Country platter. Veggie style.
Potatoes, onions, mushrooms, green pepper. Fried in garlic infused oil. Seasoned with Spanish paprika, and a little hot sauce. Topped with 2 easy over free range eggs, Buddy you can't sit still and eat this. Ed

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. This has been an extremely busy week ... so some catch-up. Leo, I am glad it is over. Soon the pain will be over also. Don't be afraid to double up on the Tylenol or Advil if required. Tylenol and Advil work differently, mixing them is very effective. (That's what my physician friend does.) This has been a beautiful week. We had clouds with definition, snow in the mountains and temps in the 70's. This weekend it is supposed to rain.

@ bribrius- Meter off a gray card and double check your meters using the Sunny 16 rule.
@ Appleton guy- Are you serious that you just center the needle on all your subjects?

Gary, I adjust a little for highlights and shadows, but yeah. I don't have the most advanced meter (it's a Weston Master from 1939) by any stretch of the imagination, but it works. I'm pretty good at guessing. :lol:

The swelling is probably at its worst this morning, which is that they told me would happen. The pain is lessening and my energy is better. I'm going in soon to have them check things quickly because last night the top right side - not the pocket but the tooth next to it - was extremely painful, and pain meds weren't helping. Well, regular pain meds - Tylenol or Advil.

Did they tell you to take Advil regularly even if you didn't need it for pain? I had some gum surgery a couple of years ago and they wanted me to do that just to lessen the swelling (ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory) even if I didn't need it for pain. Tylenol and codeine don't help with inflammation.

Most reactions

Back