The Coffee House

Okay, let's try this again in the right thread.

Morning hosers!

*trots off for more clearly-needed coffee*

Hey, good morning, Lenny!! How YOU doin'? ;)

It appears I'm not doing as well as I thought I was ;) And that's a problem because I didn't think I was doing so hot! :laughing:

I had trouble getting to sleep last night, and my fitness tracker tells me I got just under 6 hours of sleep, but only about 2.5 of that was deep sleep. And it then tells me that my sleep sucks compared to other women in their 40s. Now even my bracelets are judging me. I need to turn off the "helpful" tips settings!

Enjoying your closed door today?

Apparently I need a mid-morning snack as well, because my stomach sounds like a hound dog right now. Seriously. It literally just howled.

Ugh, my glasses were stretched beyond repair. Had to get new ones. I liked the old ones more, I think.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. 61F right now, should top out at 75F today. I think Leo is sleep keyboarding. Yesterday, The Cook and I went to the Pet Store and picked up two more Koi for the pond. Now that Kujo-Jaws is out of the pond, the occupants seem much more relaxed. I'm likin' the improved waterfall, sounds more soothing, less splash. I'm doing some serious thinking about starting my own coffee house ... a fer-reals 3-D one ... coffees, teas, beers and wines.

It appears I'm not doing as well as I thought I was ;) And that's a problem because I didn't think I was doing so hot! :laughing:

I had trouble getting to sleep last night, and my fitness tracker tells me I got just under 6 hours of sleep, but only about 2.5 of that was deep sleep. And it then tells me that my sleep sucks compared to other women in their 40s. Now even my bracelets are judging me. I need to turn off the "helpful" tips settings!

Well, while it might get me in hot water, the closed door is likely to help me stay employed today--if I had to leave it open today, SOMEONE on this floor might just not survive the workday, at least not with all their parts intact. :lol:

My headache is still there--it's just one of those "stalker" headaches. It's not ACTIVELY a "bad" headache, just hangs out in the shadows, surges now and then to remind you it's still there and at any moment, it might leap out and kill you.

Also, I almost met my demise on the way to work. Well, that's a bit of an overstatement, as the truck that almost hit me wasn't really going fast enough to kill me. Might have done in my little convertible though!
I was pulling out from my street onto the main road. There's a Hardee's across the road, so on top of watching the traffic ON the road, I always have to watch to see if there is anyone about to pull out of the Hardee's going south. It's a 4-lane road with a turn lane, so if they pull out at the same time I do, we both end up in the same spot in the turn lane, and that doesn't tend to work out well.
So, there IS a truck at the Hardee's exit, but he's just sitting there and his wheels are pointed to indicate he's going to turn right (north). I see my break in oncoming traffic, take a quick glance to be sure he isn't moving and pull out into the turn lane.
Only I don't get all the way TO the turn lane before HE pulls out too--headed SOUTH, not north, and he pulls out FAST, really making a break for it.
No problem--he obviously sees me, since I'm already IN the turn lane by now…but NO, he does NOT see me, because he ISN'T looking! ALL he's looking at is the traffic on the other side of the road, the direction he's headed to.
And I can't get OUT of the turn lane, because if I do, I will either hit HIM, or the car in the far right lane.
I try to honk, but my horn doesn't always cooperate with this endeavor, and that's the case this morning. All I can do is sit and watch him slam into me.
He finally looked…and managed to stop. Literally about an INCH from my car.

In other news, for some "odd" reason, my hand tremor seems to be a bit worse than usual this morning. :lol:

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. 61F right now, should top out at 75F today. I think Leo is sleep keyboarding. Yesterday, The Cook and I went to the Pet Store and picked up two more Koi for the pond. Now that Kujo-Jaws is out of the pond, the occupants seem much more relaxed. I'm likin' the improved waterfall, sounds more soothing, less splash. I'm doing some serious thinking about starting my own coffee house ... a fer-reals 3-D one ... coffees, teas, beers and wines.

DO IT!
You should name it for us--TPF Hosers House of Coffee. AND, you can feature OUR photos on the walls. :D I mean, pictures we've taken, NOT pictures OF us. Don't wanna do that to anyone before they've even had a good dose of caffeine. Or liquor.

Well, while it might get me in hot water, the closed door is likely to help me stay employed today--if I had to leave it open today, SOMEONE on this floor might just not survive the workday, at least not with all their parts intact. :lol:

My headache is still there--it's just one of those "stalker" headaches. It's not ACTIVELY a "bad" headache, just hangs out in the shadows, surges now and then to remind you it's still there and at any moment, it might leap out and kill you.

Also, I almost met my demise on the way to work. Well, that's a bit of an overstatement, as the truck that almost hit me wasn't really going fast enough to kill me. Might have done in my little convertible though!
I was pulling out from my street onto the main road. There's a Hardee's across the road, so on top of watching the traffic ON the road, I always have to watch to see if there is anyone about to pull out of the Hardee's going south. It's a 4-lane road with a turn lane, so if they pull out at the same time I do, we both end up in the same spot in the turn lane, and that doesn't tend to work out well.
So, there IS a truck at the Hardee's exit, but he's just sitting there and his wheels are pointed to indicate he's going to turn right (north). I see my break in oncoming traffic, take a quick glance to be sure he isn't moving and pull out into the turn lane.
Only I don't get all the way TO the turn lane before HE pulls out too--headed SOUTH, not north, and he pulls out FAST, really making a break for it.
No problem--he obviously sees me, since I'm already IN the turn lane by now…but NO, he does NOT see me, because he ISN'T looking! ALL he's looking at is the traffic on the other side of the road, the direction he's headed to.
And I can't get OUT of the turn lane, because if I do, I will either hit HIM, or the car in the far right lane.
I try to honk, but my horn doesn't always cooperate with this endeavor, and that's the case this morning. All I can do is sit and watch him slam into me.

In other news, for some "odd" reason, my hand tremor seems to be a bit worse than usual this morning. :lol:

Yikes! Glad you're okay!

I know all about those stalker headaches :/

And yes, I think I am sleep keyboarding :D I wouldn't put it past me. I once fell asleep in a class in college and woke up to find notes in my notebook that I didn't remember writing. Well, the last word or two wasn't exactly legible, but the rest of the sentence was!

Yikes! Glad you're okay!

I know all about those stalker headaches :/

And yes, I think I am sleep keyboarding :D I wouldn't put it past me. I once fell asleep in a class in college and woke up to find notes in my notebook that I didn't remember writing. Well, the last word or two wasn't exactly legible, but the rest of the sentence was!
Maybe it's time to knock-off the Ambien.

Literally about an INCH from my car.
Well the world is full of people who look left while moving right. So I try to make eye contact to get a sense of what they are thinking/contemplating. But occasionally, I get one of those who's obviously asleep with the eyes open. If I'm lucky enough to notice them, I usually give them as wide a berth as I can. Then again, maybe I'm missing my opportunity to meet someone possessed, or co-hosting a alien species.

I was in an enlisted man's club on a base. There was a sergeant I knew at the end of the bar standing up, eyes open with one hand grasping a beer. I grab a beer and mosey down to chat. But his eyes were vacant and his responses were slow and seemed to come from somewhere else ... a different time-zone or dimension. It was all rather spooky. The next day I asked about it ... he just laughed and said he was asleep ... and he does that all the time, weird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back