The Coffee House

Busy busy today ... mowed front and back, planted a couple more tomatoes and peppers then lunch. Mary Lou made some breakfast tacos, sausage, eggs, cheese, spinach and herbs from the yard and our first real tomato. (Some yellow pear tomatoes have been ripe, but they're small and don't count.) The instant you bite it, it says tomato ... very very yummy. Store tomatoes say water or meh when you bite into them. Tom's coming over and we decided to BBQ. Picked some oranges and basil, rosemary and thyme and toss the entire batch into the Ninja and with a few pulses made the marinade for the chicken. Usually I'm squeezing the citrus by hand and chopping up the herbs. And, I've been busy turning my starter into leven and in a couple hours I'll be baking some bread. Okay, back to work.

Evening hosers. Laid around the apt today. Well, that's all I've done for 4 weeks now! Feel a little better, that makes these tubes and hoses all the more frustrating. I'll leave you with the crew of Star Trek shaking a leg.

star-trek-dance-animated.gif

shooting with my daughter today. She is a young teen. All i can say is she is taking after her Daddy. Total attitude. LOL I have to say i think it is great. She won't be one of those cookie cutter shooters. she just shoots whatever the **** she wants to. Even me.

P1000985.JPG

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. The start of another lovely day. Yesterday was long and busy. Tom came over for dinner and a movie. We wanted to see Ex Machina ... but couldn't find it locally, so we just drank wine, ate my orange marinated chicken, worked on my bread, relaxed in the patio and later NetFlixed Jersey Boys. All in all nice evening. I toss my dough into the frig for a slow long rise overnight ... firing up the oven now to bake. I've altered the formulation of the Starter and Leven ... we'll see how it goes.

PS- I got a new cooking thermometer. It has two probes, one goes into whatever you're cooking and the second affixes to the inside of the cooking chamber. Wires lead out of the cooking chamber and hook into a base unit. Then the base unit syncs with your phone and displays all the readouts. I'm in the office typing away and I can see that my oven is at 372F. I don't like the wires ... but it works. Last night I didn't have to keep opening up the BBQ to get a temperature ... just looked at my phone.

PS- I got a new cooking thermometer. It has two probes, one goes into whatever you're cooking and the second affixes to the inside of the cooking chamber. Wires lead out of the cooking chamber and hook into a base unit. Then the base unit syncs with your phone and displays all the readouts. I'm in the office typing away and I can see that my oven is at 372F. I don't like the wires ... but it works. Last night I didn't have to keep opening up the BBQ to get a temperature ... just looked at my phone.
That's some high-tech s**t!

That's some high-tech s**t!
LOL ... yeah ... got it at Target.

Who needs an Apple Watch when you've got dual-probe thermometer readouts on yer phone!!!!

My Sunday so far has been well, like this...

Yes, I did want to mop the bathroom floor, I did. But NO, no I did NOT want to mop the bathroom floor in a panic, with every towel I own, after having overflowed the sink while I was taking a shower...no...not the way I had envisioned it...

Who needs an Apple Watch when you've got dual-probe thermometer readouts on yer phone!!!!

My Sunday so far has been well, like this...

Yes, I did want to mop the bathroom floor, I did. But NO, no I did NOT want to mop the bathroom floor in a panic, with every towel I own, after having overflowed the sink while I was taking a shower...no...not the way I had envisioned it...
Well... at least it's mopped!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back