The Coffee House

Hey Charlie, if you want a second opinion, send me a communique. (Not that Leo would steer you wrong ... but there are many ways to skin a cat.)
Will do - I can make a collection of techniques.

Oh, BTW, we don't skin cats - we pet them, feed them and let them pretty much do as they please. ;)

PS- Should Utley play today ... as he is contesting the suspension ... he will probably get hit with a pitch when he comes up to bat. Which isn't legal under any circumstances, but that is the way the game is played. You protect your team. Normally, the pitch will be thrown at the body ... but due to the severity of the injury and the intensity of the playoffs ... it may be thrown at the head. A head shot may empty both benches and the pitcher may immediately be tossed out of the game. Utley knows this as well.
Ok, I seriously need to watch more baseball/sports. This is some crazy bleeping bleep. I'll have to watch to see if Utley either plays or gets hit by a pitch.

Ok, I seriously need to watch more baseball/sports. This is some crazy bleeping bleep. I'll have to watch to see if Utley either plays or gets hit by a pitch.
I would not bet against it. And when it happens, you can expect to see the benches clear with everybody meeting on the infield.

Now for which bases this occurs; very rarely at third, and never at first base. Shortstops are some of the most acrobatic players in baseball, often jumping over the base runner and throwing to first in mid air.

Yes, you really do need to start watching baseball, and now would be a perfect time to start.

I would not bet against it. And when it happens, you can expect to see the benches clear with everybody meeting on the infield.

Now for which bases this occurs; very rarely at third, and never at first base. Shortstops are some of the most acrobatic players in baseball, often jumping over the base runner and throwing to first in mid air.

Yes, you really do need to start watching baseball, and now would be a perfect time to start.
I'll try to start watching tonight, but can't guarantee anything, haha. That makes sense about the shortstop, because they seem to usually be one of the star players, right?

I do like going to baseball games, and the wife and I went to a few last summer when we lived around the Phillies. Now that we're more in the middle of the state, the access isn't there and we really don't feel like driving to Philly or Baltimore. It didn't hurt that some of the bigwigs at my job and my wife's previous job would give out free tickets when they didn't use them. They were good seats, too. :(

They are often one of the most important defensive players as many teams put emphasis on defense up the middle (catcher, shortstop, 2nd baseman, and center fielder). But in general the star players can be any of the positions.

You're blowing my mind. Little League!? Now, that's crazy. Why in the world are we teaching our children to cheat? Why is it ok to cheat on the ballfield but not on a test?
<snip>
I'm glad that they're not letting it go anymore. I was with you until pivot man, which made me immediately think of this (and my concentration was lost):

I'm totally with you on the cheating, not being glad that there's a new crackdown on such things, and I'm also laughing like a fool because that scene always makes me laugh like a fool ;)

And now I'm done checking the hell out of my spreadsheet numbers and am on my way home to grade the hell out of a sh!t ton of essays :( My own damn fault. I shouldn't have left them this long.

This semester is cray-cray! :icon_crazy:

I'm also laughing like a fool because that scene always makes me laugh like a fool ;)
I always laugh at that scene! I also quote it every time I move someone and they roll their eyes at me, haha.

Mmm
I think Gary meant 'legal' in his first sentence.
Thank you Jack. (I need a proof-reader.)
YW.

BTW - I saw Ramsey Lewis and Sergio Mendes, Saturday night at the Renee & Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall. Fabulous!
image.jpeg

Nice. The Segerstrom is very nice.

Indeed it is. My first experience was there (in the main theater) back around 1985 ish. I had a music appreciation class at Saddleback College and we saw the Japan Symphony Orchestra.

Very nice shot Gary :)

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. It will be another scorcher today. My Dodgers got spanked last night and my Trojans dumped their alcoholic coach. (Where is Kiffin when you need him ...) Sipping on my coffee, it is wonderfully dark, hot and flavorful. Another dog walk at dawn trying to beat the heat, then off to CSULA for some work.

Indeed it is. My first experience was there (in the main theater) back around 1985 ish. I had a music appreciation class at Saddleback College and we saw the Japan Symphony Orchestra.

Very nice shot Gary :)
Thank you Jack. The Hollywood Bowl is still my venue of choice for my music appreciation. (I know apple and oranges, outdoor versus indoor ... but it is nice that Orange County has developed its own world-class tributes to the arts.)

Hey, Hosers!! I think I'm going to live! Seemed like it was touch and go there for a while.
I'm still feeling pretty bad, but compared to this time yesterday, it's a pretty significant improvement. The Dr. called in a different antibiotic yesterday, and I think this one is finally killing the bad stuff faster than it can grow.

This morning, I had my first cup of coffee since last THURSDAY!! There are very, very few times when I don't drink coffee--when I have a migraine, the flu, or this (bladder/kidney/urinary tract infection). For some reason, those three illnesses are particularly evil in that they cause me to not be able to abide the thought of coffee. And if I do drink it--well, let's just say I know it won't be the last I see of THAT coffee. :D

This morning's cup was delicious, and so far, it's stayed down. Woot!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back