The Coffee House

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. It will be another scorcher today. My Dodgers got spanked last night and my Trojans dumped their alcoholic coach. (Where is Kiffin when you need him ...) Sipping on my coffee, it is wonderfully dark, hot and flavorful. Another dog walk at dawn trying to beat the heat, then off to CSULA for some work.

It was definitely a wild and wacky Monday for college sports news! USC coach fired, Florida QB suspended for the next year, and the Old Ball Coach retires so abruptly he left skid marks!
I would have been shocked if he hadn't retired after this season (I was surprised he stayed after last year), but I am equally surprised that he'd just quit in the middle. Makes me think it wasn't entirely his decision. Which is why he should have retired LAST year.

Indeed it is. My first experience was there (in the main theater) back around 1985 ish. I had a music appreciation class at Saddleback College and we saw the Japan Symphony Orchestra.

Very nice shot Gary :)
Thank you Jack. The Hollywood Bowl is still my venue of choice for my music appreciation. (I know apple and oranges, outdoor versus indoor ... but it is nice that Orange County has developed its own world-class tributes to the arts.)
I live down in Mission Viejo and it's nice to only be 20 minutes away. I also have the Coach House and Verizon Amphitheater within 10 minutes. . Unfortunately, I have never been to the Hollywood Bowl. Trusting your taste, so I will take a look at upcoming shows.

Mmm
I think Gary meant 'legal' in his first sentence.
Thank you Jack. (I need a proof-reader.)
YW.

BTW - I saw Ramsey Lewis and Sergio Mendes, Saturday night at the Renee & Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall. Fabulous!
View attachment 109737

Nice. The Segerstrom is very nice.
a72e1bc0ddcf90e25ee5db7f2f6853f6.jpg

From our little box.

Hey, hosers!
I've been really sick the last few days. Started Tuesday night, very suddenly with a pain in my back--I convinced myself I'd slept in the wrong position and done something to my sciatic nerve. Even my nurse friend said that's what it sounded like to her. But usually, sciatic pain also radiates down my leg and this didn't.
By Thursday night, when my fever spiked to 102, I knew it was really a bladder infection. Couldn't get a Dr. appt, but was able to go in and get lab work done. Dr. office called a few hours later--infection was bad enough that they really wanted me in the hospital on IV antibiotics, but agreed to start me on oral meds with the condition that if my fever didn't break by this morning, I had to go to the ER.
My determination to NEVER again go to the ER won out--fever broke overnight! But I was still miserable--one of the worst things is that when I get an infection that bad, I almost always also get a migraine.
It finally all seems to be taking a turn for the better now.
Just a "feel better" wish from the stranger at the next table.

Hey, hosers!
I've been really sick the last few days. Started Tuesday night, very suddenly with a pain in my back--I convinced myself I'd slept in the wrong position and done something to my sciatic nerve. Even my nurse friend said that's what it sounded like to her. But usually, sciatic pain also radiates down my leg and this didn't.
By Thursday night, when my fever spiked to 102, I knew it was really a bladder infection. Couldn't get a Dr. appt, but was able to go in and get lab work done. Dr. office called a few hours later--infection was bad enough that they really wanted me in the hospital on IV antibiotics, but agreed to start me on oral meds with the condition that if my fever didn't break by this morning, I had to go to the ER.
My determination to NEVER again go to the ER won out--fever broke overnight! But I was still miserable--one of the worst things is that when I get an infection that bad, I almost always also get a migraine.
It finally all seems to be taking a turn for the better now.
Just a "feel better" wish from the stranger at the next table.

Oh, that's who that was! I wondered why they were staring at me like that. I think maybe it was because I still had my pajamas on, out in public. :D
Thanks prof!

Howdy, hosers! Been a while since I've posted in here.

My Vader costume is coming along nicely. On some very short waiting lists for the hardest to source parts. :D

In other news, parent/teacher conferences are tomorrow. Oh joy. I remember how much I dreaded them as a child.

No one likes teacher-parent conferences. Try doing north of 100 of them in a row. In Turkish.

Sympathy button!

I'm sore just looking at it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back