The End is coming...

Ah, the white building is local train station and i am not at that level yet. I dont even know how to clone stuff out in gimp correctly.

If you would like it gone, I or one of the other members could get it gone for you. We love to diddle with stuff.

I like the building, I think it adds to the photo. I do agree about cropping the bright spot and maybe even some of the dark cloud. When I'm looking at it, I'm able to scroll down so the top of the monitor crops it, and as soon as it does my focus goes back to the tracks.

for some weird reasons I actually like the photo as it is

Ah, the white building is local train station and i am not at that level yet. I dont even know how to clone stuff out in gimp correctly.
might be easier just going to take another one than fixing this one.

might be easier just going to take another one than fixing this one.

Only if you can be sure of getting such a dramatic cloudscape on the re-shoot, (and if you want to get rid of the station which I wouldn't).

I like it as it is too, i also have a version with the cropped top though.

It's a picture of railroad tracks, which is pretty cliché and common.
It's an overdone HDR, which is also pretty cliché and common.
Both of those things make it difficult for me to appreciate as a photograph.

Everything you said is right and i knew it before. That's why at first i disliked this picture, but people seem to like it.

Wouldnt the light rays look weird without the source of them ?

Everybody says something different... i am confused about what to do :D But it keeps me motivated to keep taking pictures

This picture, along with the varied comments, is a perfect example of recent discussions about "vision." If you're confused about what to do with it, perhaps it's because you don't *really* know what your VISION for this piece is. What are you trying to convey here? What do you want people to see, or feel, or experience, when they look at this?
THAT will give you a better idea of how to process it, whether or not to crop it, etc.

For me, the processing, and the title, makes it seem that what you're going for is a dark, foreboding feeling, a sense perhaps of impending doom. If that's the case, I'd definitely lose the sun at the top, because it serves to brighten the whole image--for me, anyway, it changes this from a sense of impending doom to almost one of hope, seeing that the sun might just break through and eradicate the coming storm.

I do agree with Mish that the cloud on the upper right is distracting, it's WAY over-processed, imo. I'd tone that down, or crop most of it out (which would happen anyway, if you crop out the sun).

The building, for me, actually ADDS to the story, but that small bit of white right next to the track in the distance is distracting, and again detracts from the overall "dark, gloom" atmosphere of the picture. I'd either clone it out or burn it so it's darker like the other building.

You say you don't know how to clone in gimp. What better time to learn than when you have piece that you can do it on? Google "how to clone in gimp" and you'll get plenty of tutorials you can try!

Yeah, that's exactly the look i was going for, some sort of apocalypse. Anyways, seems like this picture requires tons of work to look good and i think taking new one will take a lot less time. I am a very big newbie and there are tons of opportunities for me to take new pictures. However i still have these "dots" in the darker parts of clouds, i am not sure if its noise/posterization or whatever and i still dont know how to remove them, thats something that bothers me more, i get it in every picture i take.

I disagree that the picture needs tons of work,a little cloning is quick probably seconds of your time. The spots look like your sensor needs cleaning from sensor dust a normal maintenance part of digital sensor cleaning.

I love this! I could go either way with the sun issue, I feel it works nice with and without the sun at the top, however I disagree greatly with the suggestion to remove the white building, it adds a sign of life to the photo, either working or past tense. The tracks draw the eye into the photo nicely, without the buildings backs there, it would be too empty-in my opinion.

Ironlegs; FWIW: I went ahead and made a copy of your photograph and cloned out that annoying white spot. I can't post it, but I think I improved it. If you wish, someone could do that again for you. Just ask. And if you do, you will have to change your profile preferences to My Photos Are OK to Edit.

I disagree that the picture needs tons of work,a little cloning is quick probably seconds of your time. The spots look like your sensor needs cleaning from sensor dust a normal maintenance part of digital sensor cleaning.

Sounds interesting, is the maintenance expensive ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back